Sparrows weren't intended to be on Mercury... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 05, 2019, 08:55 (1575 days ago) @ stabbim

It just doesn't feel like it was designed with sparrows in mind.

I think that's what Korny was saying. It WAS designed assuming there wouldn't be sparrows. Hence why it's pretty much small enough to traverse on foot (I know doing so is a bit tedious, but it's still nowhere near as big as a lot of other destinations).

Yeah, and that's what I started out saying.

It would nice if we could now teleport to other areas of Mercury (that aren't the infinite forest).

Heh, you can kinda do that already, but only when the Vex mini-event with the rings is going on. Hopefully if we have sparrows now it's a non-issue. If we DO have sparrows now, it makes me wonder whether they fixed the original problem? Perhaps instead they just built a new version of Mercury (which they might have been doing anyway, due to new areas and/or content) which doesn't have the problem to start with.

True enough. Man cannons make everything better--even lackluster public events.

I was thinking more about the areas you can see in the distance. Bungie has a history of taking us places we can see on the horizon. (Is it Halo 3 where you can see the end of most levels from the beginning?) I love how you can look back and see Devrim's church when playing Lake of Shadows.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread