A little gratitude. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, January 27, 2020, 19:00 (1549 days ago) @ Malagate

Destiny rules. I still firmly believe that. I have lots of problems with the game, but it's baseline level of fun is extremely high. I think Bungie Halo is a far better franchise, better executed in every way, but I have far more hours in Destiny at this point, and I think it does take a certain number of concessions in making a "great" game to continually support a game like Destiny. But even given those compromises, Destiny straight up still has some of the best video game experiences maybe ever, in my mind. Raiding is incredible, and the dungeons are extremely cool.

It's the best platform for hanging out with friends online that I've ever experienced. There's so much to appreciate in Destiny. When I could manage to ignore the bullshit (the grind, the chase of whatever new thing), Destiny was incredible. I've said it before, and I'll continue to do so, but those nights when there was a full Xbox party with players hopping from random activity to random activity are incredibly special and fun in a way that no other game ever has been.

I am enjoying a good break from Destiny, but I am truly looking forward to jumping back in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread