Season 8 Power Bonus - Shortchange? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, February 24, 2020, 22:53 (1521 days ago)
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, February 24, 2020, 23:51

Wasn't Season 8 delayed by 2 weeks? It was supposed to start on September 17th, but was pushed back until October 1st (14 days). Does anyone recall, was there ever any special accounting for those missing days?

In game, I have the Season 8 Power Bonus Triumph stuck in my "Featured Triumphs" list even though it is no longer earn-able/complete-able:

[image]
via Reddit, found an in-game/app image ^ of the situation, in case some aren't familiar

Like that tiny little grain of sand in your shoe that you can't seem to shake out no matter how you try, Season 8 Power Bonus has been there, featured, all through Season 9 and will continue to be there beyond it, I'd imagine?
I don't take issue with the fact that this triumph has not been hidden from my view. (I think that is the wrong solution) I actually prefer seeing ALL Triumphs/items I'm missing, rather than having them just disappear from Collections and removed from the already inexact equation.

Along with all the other changes of a Shadowkeep sized expansion, as well as new mechanics, it made getting up to speed in Season 8 take an extended time. I know I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree and it takes me extra time to acclimate to a new play-flow. Compound that with losing 14 days right out of the gate and Season 8 comes up feeling short.

By the end of Season 8 I was able to reach Season Rank 177
Whereas in Season 9, I hit Season Rank 177 with 28 days remaining to play

Season 9 has moved along quickly and maybe progress has been artificially bolstered by The Dawning bounties, Crimson Days, and Empyrean Foundation donating/bounties? (though I have not utilized the latter)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread