Hope you didn’t like any trackers on your emblems... (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 14:16 (1497 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 15:07

Otherwise you’re in for a rude awakening. All emblems have had their trackers removed (deliberately, btw), in favor of a slew of new ones that start keeping track this season (barring a tiny few that have a more universal progress).

According to dmg04:

“Apologies for the lack of heads up on this.
The short of it - a few bones needed to break on Emblems in order to reset them for a brighter future. Some trackers couldn't start at the beginning of your journey, but will be tracking from this day forward.
We'll have some info from the team in the TWAB on their goals. That said, what trackers were most valuable to you?
While we may not be able to bring all of them back, some may be reintroduced in a future patch.“

I've wanted statistics / trackers to be optional or removable for a long time now
However I'm not going to lie, I was a bit perplexed and a little frustrated at first.
This Tweet from Dylan helped me step back and take a look Big Picture.

"a few bones needed to break on Emblems in order to reset them for a brighter future."

Could the emblem change have been needed for the transition to Next Generation hardware which will likely be coming by the end of the year (2020)?
Could the emblem change have been needed for the possible transition to an upcoming larger expansion or possible new game Title - Destiny 3? Which may allow us to import our D2 emblems into D3, instead of losing them like D1 to D2?
Could the console UI changes, which I'm guessing might mimic the PC UI more closely be helpful in the Development flow of creating, testing, certifying the different versions of the game? Versioning can be an absolute nightmare I'd imagine

(Some pre-communication of a major change like this would have been extremely helpful and assisted Players with having a little more understanding.
Long term speaking, providing Players with the classic trackers as a toggle-able default option would be extremely appreciated by many who have been put out by the change)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread