Regarding a Piece of GitM Concept Art... (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, October 27, 2013, 19:09 (3836 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, October 27, 2013, 19:25

I was looking at this picture, and I noticed the name of the piece was 'Destiny: Last Voyage'. After glancing around at the actual concept art, I noticed that in the background, a bit hazy but still visible, was something that looked like it could be a futuristic space ship - sort of like a 28th-century version of the Space Shuttle. Seemed pretty interesting to me, so I thought I'd point it out and see what you guys thought.

Yes, I really took a liking to this image when it was revealed in the last few days. The composition is wonderful! Great Job JVD (Jesse Van Dijk). The background, framed by foreground, is pleasing to the eye and to me demonstrates what I imagine to be the beginning of the journey stretching back toward this up and coming "Last Voyage".

The foreground seems to be hearkening back to a different age.
I suspect we are looking at a ship building dock, where in some years past they assembled/painted(?) part of the ship we are seeing complete in the background. The right and left sides flanked in scaffolding, along with the robotic clamps/arms that can reach down and below the bottom of the hull are key in drawing my brain to think of age old images like these (maritime ships dry docked for assembly/repair):

[image]
[image]

I could be way off, but this is what I am liking to imagine as part of the inspiration and back story :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread