5 Weeks & 5 Exotics: How I got the Outbreak Prfectd Catalyst (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 15:32 (1476 days ago)

So... truly, 5+ weeks ago I was going to call this eventual thread here "My Pandemic Play in Quarantine: Outbreak Perfected Catalyst!" but... well. I don't know. It's just a touch TOO on the nose. I wasn't expecting for it to be so literal.

In these last 5 Weeks, surprise surprise I ran Warlock, because duh, best jump. Helps free up an exotic slot. Try Transversive Steps if you feel you are still a touch too slow (like I did in the first week) or Veritys Brow to bump up your grenade regeneration. I'd start off Top Tree Solar for all that aerial razzmatazz, and while going up the elevator (the one that eventually breaks at the top) switch to Top Tree Arc for add clearing goodness.

I also decided to mix things up and run with a different exotic each week. I should note I've watched other players have a real good time with Riskrunner, which made me exclude it because I wanted to explore the full powers of Light in this current "glitched" Land of the Glass Cannon. To see how other weapons would work out.

Here are the results in my playthroughs:

Week 1 - LE MONARQUE @ 39 Seconds Left
Week 2 - TRINITY GHOUL @ 46 Seconds Left
Week 3 - GRAVITON LANCE @ 31 Seconds Left
Week 4 - WISH-ENDER @ 16 Seconds Left

...and with Week 5. Well, it's kind of a given. With this video, instead of just grabbing the last 2 Minutes or so, I cobbled together a glimpse of how the Warlock jump has somehow been made better so that I could cut whole sections, then I show the last 2 Minutes followed by some quick smash cuts just showing off the improved toy. I admit, I didn't really know what to do here, as I was too busy smiling ear to freaking ear.

Hardest part about all of this? That BLASTED room. You know - YOU KNOW! Even with a map. Get even slightly careless and BOOM next thing you know you've burned at least 30 Seconds. So Now? Well, now all I have to do is wait for the following stuff to glitch so that I could Lone Wolf the RNG, or be hopelessly carried so that I can eventually get(from memory)... The Telesto Catalyst, Sleeper Stimulant Catalyst, Legend Of Acrius Catalyst, as well as the Raid Exotics One Thousand Voices, Anarchy, and Tarrabah. But I digress.

YAY! :D

So yeah, it's done and thanks for coming to my TED talk or whatever. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread