Bungie is at a low point with the community atm... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:10 (1626 days ago)
edited by Korny, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:29

So they took the opportunity to release this awkward, vague trailer for the Guardian Games in an attempt to distract folks!

What are the Guardian Games? .... Not sure! This trailer almost exclusively highlights the items confirmed for Eververse. But there’s a soon-to-be-disabled Exotic LMG/HMG available!
And a commemorative plaque or statue for Hunters (they have the sheer numbers, so it’s a foregone conclusion) will be added to the Tower until the fall expansion.

Sure is great that Guardians can play games while we were supposedly in a race against time to save the planet from an Extinction Level Event with the Almighty.

Guardian Games page is up...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:41 (1626 days ago) @ Korny

As per the Official Page, The event will literally just be grinding bounties for Zavala and Eva. Each bounty will grant a point for the class that you’re playing.
Well, RIP in peace, my fellow Warlocks. At least we don’t even have to try, since we’re doomed to third place in this numbers game.

Your optimism is truly inspiring

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:58 (1626 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Fellow warlock here, not sure why you're so upset

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:11 (1626 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Because Hunters are about to stomp everyone else ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:25 (1626 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:29 (1626 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My hope is that they don't do total points per class but instead do points / active players in a class. That would make it way more fair and the number of players in a class wouldn't matter.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:39 (1626 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Apparently Bungie is compensating for the greater number of hunters in some way.

https://twitter.com/Maurice_BNG/status/1250807963394039808

“In the Guardian Games, the excess number of hunters is statistically taken into account when determining the results. All three classes have the same chances!"

My guess is that this event will be all about completing Bounties, and rather than determining the winner on total number of bounties completed per class, they’ll look at something like the average number of bounties completed per individual per class.

YYYYYYYYYEAH. That'll Work.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:58 (1626 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I swear, Raga and Korny, y'all suck at titles.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 16, 2020, 13:50 (1626 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

As a Hunter main, I'll help the lesser classes out...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, April 17, 2020, 17:46 (1625 days ago) @ Korny

...by not playing.

I'm not super excited about Season of the We-forgot-how-to-make-story-content-so-here's-another-list-of-chores: Part III, so I'll probably sit this one out. You're welcome, Titan's and Warlocks.

-Disciple

As a Hunter main, I'll help the lesser classes out...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 08:36 (1621 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

...by not playing.

I'm not super excited about Season of the We-forgot-how-to-make-story-content-so-here's-another-list-of-chores: Part III, so I'll probably sit this one out. You're welcome, Titan's and Warlocks.

-Disciple

My guess is that they aren't going to account for classes that haven't contributed any bounties to the cause. But, you never know!

Hell, I'll even play Warlock

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 12:40 (1621 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

The silver cape is so much cooler than the gold one ;p

Warlocks are already Gold by default, so... sure! ;D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 13:35 (1621 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

They got one thing right...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 14:58 (1621 days ago) @ Korny

Hunter laurels are blue. They at least got the color right for me.

We warlocks are too smart to fall for low effort content

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Thursday, April 30, 2020, 06:03 (1612 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Or too busy! These books arn't going to READ themselves!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 30, 2020, 13:22 (1612 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

[Warlock]

"Matter Warping & The Chronospace" with its pseudo-Riemannian manifolds, "Dynamism Enforcement with Environmental Province" which has all sorts of fascinating vector bundles & non-abelian gauge groups! OR... OR yes, "Geometrical Laws & The Failure of Isomorphic Repetitious Arrangements upon the Subatomic"! That sounds like QUITE a page turner doesn't it! I sure thought so! Then again that's true with anything involving metric tensors am I right!? *Laugh Out Loud*. XD

I must admit though, it's only been the forth time I've read these, but, hey! What can I say, I'm a real sucker for anything Lagrangian! :)

[/Warlock]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread