Shout-out to squidnh3 (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 30, 2020, 09:11 (1450 days ago)

A long time ago, or maybe just early February, Bungie announced they were overhauling swords for the upcoming season (which happens to be THIS season). Never having really used a sword, but wanting to be prepared, I asked people I played with if they had any recommendations for good swords to get.

Squid didn't hesitate. "Steel Sybil with Relentless Strikes and Whirlwind Blade."

Okay, I read over a bunch of the different perks, and my eyes glazed over; I couldn't tell the difference between Tireless or Whirlwind, Enduring or Balanced... so I just took Squid at his word. When a Steel Sybil with those two perks dropped, I masterworked it and forgot about swords altogether.

Yesterday, Fallout released a monster (30 minute) sword tutorial:

He spends a lot of time explaining all of the different possible perks, and settles on what he considers to be a god roll:

Relentless Strikes and Whirlwind Blade.

I've been hacking away all season at stuff - swords are truly power weapons right now. (That's gonna go away when the season ends, and the artifact mods Enhanced Sword Scavenger, Disrupting Blade, and Passive Guard disappear, so enjoy them while you can.) After taking Fallout's Swords 101 class, though, I have to send a thank-you to Squid, who set me up with the perfect tool before I even really knew how they worked.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread