Wait, what? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 10:39 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We did Vault and Crota. It was a whole lot of fun, and good reminder of the best parts of Destiny.

Unfortunately, I must have started new characters at some point and then not made it very far. I’m only at 290. Kings Fall requires 390, so I have some work to do to be able to do it. I’m seriously thinking about it, though. I had a lot of fun running through some old strikes.

Also, I never got Rise if Iron on Xbox. It’s still $30, though!

Max light in D1 was 400; I would be shocked if the raid required 390 (there was an expansion after that).

Hmm... looks like Normal has recommended 290, hard mode recommends 310.

Man, what did I see that was 390 then? In any case, my light was low enough that it wouldn’t even let us start King’s Fall on Normal.

Are the Age of Triumph versions 390?

I guess I'd completely forgotten about the Age of Triumph version. That doesn't explain why the game wouldn't let you START on Normal.

I'm lost. And sad - that was my favorite D1 raid, in the end!

Huh. Just checked out raid.report, I had 8 Normal clears, 23 Hard (310) clears, and 4 Hard (390) clears. Difference between fastest runs on Hard (310) and Hard (390) was 24 minutes - i guess it wasn't that much harder! :)

I still remember swearing I'd never run it again after my first time through the Tomb Ships.

Wrath of the Machine difficulties were 370, 380, and 390. I guess I'd forgotten how late that came out!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread