I don't even know who that is (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 15:33 (1408 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Ah, I was into genre wars at that age. Pop was the enemy and I missed out on a lot music back then.

My enjoyment of most pop music is often limited to 1-2 albums per pop star. For Kylie, I really like her “Fever” album (it’s the BIG one from the early 2000’s where every single off the record was on the radio non-stop for about 3 years). The whole album is basically a Daft Punk record with vocals.

With the more recent pop stars that I like, there’s usually a bit of musical reconstruction going on in my imagination. I think Katy Perry would have been incredible if she’d been around back in the 80s, playing with more of a band, making less overproduced ultra-slick pop music. I’d love to hear her voice on an album that had more of a Kate Bush vibe to the production. With Taylor Swift, I really like her voice and a lot of her songs are just insanely catchy and well written. Again, her production often drifts too far into pop princess for my taste, but I just imagine some dirty guitars and heavier drums mixed in, and a lot of her stuff would be awesome :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread