Let me rephrase that: (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 18, 2020, 09:17 (1408 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m really tired of the “but it’s hard!” excuse for shipping broken bullshit.

And I'm really tired of people saying it's an excuse. Sometimes it's just a fact. Sometimes you can't just throw manpower at a problem. Just because a studio is AAA doesn't mean they can fix things in a timeframe that is "reasonable" for a player.

I don’t think this particular issue is all that egregious. And maybe it is more difficult to fix, but there seems to be a trend where anything that lets players skip the bullshit of Destiny gets fixed pretty quickly, but other issues languish for months (or longer). At a certain point, it definitely shows where they put their effort.

Now, you could be correct. But there is also the fact that Gambit, and some older content is literally older content. The amount fo people playing gambit or strikes are far less than the people who are getting the new engrams. Thus, more people are seeing and noticing those. Naturally that would be their priority.

I'm not just trying to defend Bungie on this, but to me, that seems logical. Is it easier or harder to fix the other engrams? I have no freaking idea, but as a software engineer, I'm ALWAYS going to give the engineer the benefit of the doubt. Leadership? Probably not.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread