Should Bungie bring back SBMM? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, June 27, 2020, 20:46 (1392 days ago)

(SBMM = Skill-Based Matchmaking)

Sooooo, has uh... any one here played Crucible recently? I've not played much, and the little I played was to push up my light with no build what so ever, just whatever I had in the slots at the time. I figured the reason it was taking longer to kill things (and quicker to down me) was because I was using some random blue weapon/armor combo with sub 40 stats across the board. I played a few games this evening with a far more meta Breachlight Sidearm & Gnawing Hunger Auto, as well as armors with far better stats now that I've pushed my light up to 1050 on my hunter, and... WOW.

I'm no PvP expert, but MAN are games frantic now. A real box of chocolates. On one hand, I've never had so much fun fighting for third place, on the other, Shotgun Apes Last Words Meta Meta Meta Oh my! Unless you are using similar weapons (which I tend not to do), it's frantic out there. Even then.

I know we have a fair mix of PVP Sweats & Casuals here, so; Should Bungie bring back SBMM? (Which they disabled to improve times it takes to find a match as I recall.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread