Old New Guns: An Irrelevant Post (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:10 (1383 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Wow. That’s a fucking post and a half right there.

Well that's how explosions work right? Building of pressure until the vessel contained can hold it no more. Arc Logic was the first real solid dent, and getting a 1060 Capped Item in a main line quest was that hairline fracture. The rest is on the floor.

And I know it was a main line quest, as it was about evacuating the worlds now held by the darkness. So hey thanks for your sacrifice brother here is a weapon that by all accounts you won't be able to use in main line quests next season. Yeah, that makes sense.

You’ll find no argument from me. Sunsetting sucks. This was the last season I’ll probably play. I already owned it, and the dungeon looked cool. The game burned me out before I could get there, and I even used the exploit to get most of the way there. I deleted D2 to make room for some Game Pass games. It’s a shitty feeling. I love this game and this community, but Bungie won’t get out the way and let me enjoy the damn thing.

It's not just about Sunsetting, though it is certainly an ever present catalyst. It's the coin flip feel of what lives another year and what dies. It sure doesn't seem season based. It sure isn't time based. It's... whatever, and it's yet another thing I have to think about while playing this game which STILL half-a-deacde-later has basically NIL towards in-game assistance in organization of "ALL THAT LOOT". Helping me figure out what I want to keep, and what I don't want to keep.

After a while it's become a case where I can't play this game without using a third party app. But, I mean... apparently that's ok. Apparently that doesn't ring any alarm bells for all the folks at Bungie who "play their game". Maybe they don't have those issues as they made the darn thing. It's just... another small thing to add up over time. What could possibly go wrong?

This has to be most tragic thing in all of this too, as the issues bringing about this response are (or at least would have been) small potatoes. If they had worked things out with a plan, smoothed out issues over time, there would not be this response among us, I think. If they had a truly through plan for item management, or how they were going to roll out sunsetting without it being too much of a bain in the gameplay, with an obvious presented logic, I don't think any of us would have considered that it's time to get out such as you have. Yes, even with sunsetting. It's been a building thing, and we all are finding our limits per the amount or style of how we care. You can still by all means play, but after a while all those splinters are going to get infected.

This game just becomes more and more a hassle to play, and Bungie just doesn't seem to care or be even able to give such issues the time of day. The number I gave in my rant was arbitrary, but ... 5% is "destroying" the QUALITY QUALITY work that has been done, and it's a flipp'n tragic. This game is AMAZING! Too bad it's not.

But hey, at least they’ll probably reverse sunsetting and call it an upgraded infusion system or some horseshit when they need to sell the expansion next year.

And say if you still want to use your old stuff with the old system, we'll give you the freedom to do that while we make it less and less a good idea to do that, but hey you know freedom!

Yeah probably.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread