Kinect Lobotomized? (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 11:40 (1375 days ago) @ squidnh3

Anyone out there still using their Kinect? I've been using mine since Destiny launch day to tell my Xbox to turn on and "go to Destiny 1/2" but in the past 2 days it has stopped understanding what Destiny 2 or the names of any other games are (it translates "go to Destiny 2" as "go to messages"). I've tried re-calibrating it and resetting it to no avail. It still understands some basic commands - the only other one I use, "Xbox record that", still works, but a lot of things with specific names don't work (e.g., it has no idea what "settings" is, although it still knows what "store" means!). My theory right now is that Microsoft broke it with some internal update to the Xbox OS by forgetting to update those strings, and nobody noticed because nobody uses the Kinect anymore. Anyone else still hanging on to the old future and has noticed this issue?

I basically don't use mine any more, but you can integrate Alexa pretty well. It's still nowhere near as good as it once was, where you could almost use the Xbox OS and apps hands free. It still ticks me off that they've neglected it so.

Soon enough I will have lost what I paid for when I bought my Xbox One and when I bought Destiny 2. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread