Thanks all! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 14:21 (1365 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m gonna poke at Destiny a bit, maybe play some Crucible and do some easy powerfuls and try and do the dungeon in the next few weeks.

Right now, the game drowns you in Umbral engrams (and it feels like Powerful engrams drop way more often too), so leveling is really easy. Just be sure to save focusing for when you need a specific type of gear.

After a while, saving your Focusing Juice won't be such a struggle, especially once you grab Ruinous Effigy (New, not-super-grindy quest tied to Interference mission), as it grants you 50 for every Savathun Eye that you pop. And the gun is a lot of fun as well. Makes Soloing tough stuff way less of a hassle (I used it to solo Pit of Heresy the other day. Only died twice on my first* attempt).
Also, be sure to pick up the Weekly bounties for the Dark Decoder! They tend to be simple enough that you'll complete them without focusing on them too much.

PS. Feels like it should be common knowledge, but focus on grabbing Powerfuls before Pinnacles until you hit 1050. After that, feel free to ignore the Powerfuls (unless you want to bring a bunch of stuff up to 1050). I haven't bothered with them at all, and the game is infinitely more enjoyable (besides, Umbrals essentially make Powerful Engrams pointless after 1050, since you can focus on what kind of loot you're interested in).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread