Vehicles. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, November 04, 2013, 15:21 (3835 days ago)

So now that our expectations have been adjusted in a few ways within the last week, I'm wondering which are the biggest questions everyone has left.

For me, it's about the competitive multiplayer arenas and vehicular combat; particularly how the latter will or won't inform the former. There's been precious little about pilotable vehicles thus far, and I hadn't thought it too much to hope for something within the vein of Halo's vehiclular combat, yet we've got box art and an impending beta, and nary a vehicle but the Pike and Sparrow to chew on. I just find that very curious. Seems like we had a lot more information on such things by this point in the lead-up to previous games.

I've found myself wondering how the various Guardian powers will work vehicles in PvP combat, or if such a thing will happen at all. I mean, if one's ship can do a sort of quick-drop insertion like we saw out of E3, what canonically makes the most sense? How big of a deal are mobile weapons platforms in Destiny's future?

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread