Never even made it to Gamepass... Darn. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 18, 2020, 00:44 (1314 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That said, Gamepass couldn't vitalize the double-digit playerbase of Bleeding Edge, so who can say...

I get devs wanting to pull in that revenue stream from the boost that Multiplayer gives Microtransactions, but the game clearly, clearly suffered across the board from trying to make the gameplay work in a competitive space. Remember when folks said the multiplayer was only bad because "beta", but then the final game was no better? Because the problems were fundamental issues.

They should have put 100% of the effort into the single-player, which was actually fun gameplay-wise, but suffered from so many half-baked systems; even the cutscenes felt unfinished.

-Hindsight clarity and all that aside, I knew Disintegration had a long uphill battle from the moment I took control of the Training area and ran into some game-breaking bugs. It was especially frustrating, because the dev was clearly trying to do something fresh, and it reminded me so much of the underrated Battle Engine Aquila. But the game clearly lacked resources in so many key areas, and I blame multiplayer for it. I had high hopes for the campaign at least, but yeah, when you try to make your game a jack of all trades...

I dunno what there is to say about it, other than wishing V1 better luck with their next effort. Maybe instead of flat-out killing the multiplayer, they can pull a Crucible and take it back to the drawing board for a re-release?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread