Finally, someone who speaks english! *SP* (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 12:57 (1277 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I took the SPOILER tags off, as there is no "turn off" function in preview. I have tagged my post accordingly.

Yeah. Given that the Raid is the Deep Stone Crypt, I'm pretty wary about accidentally spoiling people.

"The Bray Curse" he calls it. Basically insomnia with added side effects. Though it seems to me it's very likely that this "curse" is of his own making out of his genetic manipulation attempts in the search for perfection. In all things. Children and grandchildren alike.

It was neat how he built as close to perfect children / grandchildren as he could. Ultrasmart, ultrahealthy, but one tiny defect and all the stuff that went into keeping them healthy also made it almost impossible to cure the illness. Reminds me a bit of proposed efforts to remove Mai Hasegawa's Daodan Chrysalis in Oni.

This was cool. Of all the things I hope to see in game... it's this. Full stop. This portion has alot of good information about the vex, including how the Vex potentially interpret the world and the particular quirks of "Vex Milk".

I need to think more about that tower. Also... how the heck did the Vex exist so early? Time traveling robots, indeed!

More and more it seems to me that time travel may, possibly, maybe be less the mechanic for what we see, and more the "alternate quantum realty" take AKA comic book story mechanics. Infinite viewable, intractable alternate choices, without the messy logical mechanics of time travel.

Than again... I've not yet read the lore on Saint-14. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My theory for a while is that the Exo Stranger is using Maya Sundaresh's Lhasa, Tibet device. "We built the device in mimicry of the Vex gateway systems from Ishtar. An observatory, yes, but I think of it as a mind-ship. Capable of displacing its payload across space and time." Maybe the Exo Stranger is never with us... that her mind is displaced to an Exo in the time she wishes to be in, but only for a while before she goes back to her own time? It'll be interesting to see if her time travel powers are cleared up any more.

No interpretations about the dreams/visions? There were two of them.

I sorta skipped them for the moment. It was pretty late when I found the images. I'll look back over them later today...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread