My first trip to Seattle *longish* *IMGs* (DBO)

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 06:32 (3817 days ago)

So, this is WAY overdue. Apologies to those who helped make my trip a success. My procrastination in writing this does not reflect the amount of appreciation I have for you. I’m just a lazy bum who pretends that he has “real life obligations” to attend to.

Anyway, on with the show.

On 10/5, the GF and I made our way to Oregon for a mutual friend’s wedding, and we decided to stretch that trip into a Pacific Northwest vacation that would take us from Portland, up the coast of Oregon, Seattle, San Juan Island (OMG you must go!), and then back to Seattle. And sitting here reflecting on it, that was a helluva wise decision. Man, the Pacific Northwest is beautiful! See?!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Kermit, this one’s for you. I saw this in Pike Place Market.
[image]

True story, it only rained twice on us the whole trip! The weather couldn’t have been any better – so I hear. Anywho, some of you might be familiar with my weak, pathetic attempt on our dear forum at gaining access to one Bungie Studios. Alas, that plea fell on deaf ears, but I was bound and determined not to let that ruin this Bungie fan’s first trip to Seattle. I would have my Bungie flavored fun! (My plan at that point involved driving by their digs and looking forlornly out the window of the rental car.)

A day before we left for Oregon, I sent Mr. Claude Errera an email requesting a first ever meet up between us. And lo and behold, Mr. Errera responds from the wilds of Alaska with a resounding yes! Score! This trip to Seattle has been salvaged! At this point, anything else is just lagniappe. So, the GF and I meet Claude and his lovely wife, Becky, for lunch at Lunchbox Laboratory (familiar to anyone???). Turns out, Claude is even more awesome in person than he is on XBL. Who knew?!! So, with stomachs full and hearts filled with joy we part ways with me hoping this isn’t the last time we get to hang out. Cool dude, that Errera.

Proof!!

[image]
And that boys and girls, was my first trip to Seattle. I don’t think it could’ve been any better. <3 everyone that made it so special.

- CC

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

So yeah, to all the haters out there, I totally got to go to Bungie. And it was EPIC! See?

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I didn’t get to go upstairs, but I’m not sure I could’ve handled it. The lobby, spandex palace, the props and awards, and even the bathrooms were amazing to behold. And when I left I felt a sense of peace and warm urine against my leg. It really was awesome to walk those hallowed halls – of the lobby.

DeeJ, thank you ever so much for showing this redneck around your digs. It was truly one of the coolest things I’ve ever had the privilege of doing. And to that awesome someone, thanks for what you did. <3<3<3

And that, my friends, was my first trip to Seattle!

- CC Why not? They’re delicious!

P.S. Being stealthily written about in the Weekly Update was almost as cool as touring Bungie. Almost…

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread