TWAB - 29th of October 2020 - No more payment for Power. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 13:47 (1429 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49722

Tokens and Collections

Destiny is at its best when you are shooting aliens, getting loot, and becoming more powerful. That gameplay loop breaks down when the best way to increase your Power can be standing in the Tower, handing tokens to Lord Shaxx.

Starting next Season, gear received from Collections and turning in tokens and will have a lower Power than in previous Seasons. Gear earned through token purchases will be 20 Power below your Power Level and Collection buybacks will be capped at 1050 Power.

(Larger font size my edit)

Materials with No Home

Starting in Season 13, Phaseglass Needles, Alkane Dust, Simulation Seeds, and Seraphite will be no longer accepted by vendors. For those of you that still have unspent stockpiles at the end of Season of the Hunt, Spider will be kind enough to offer a small Glimmer exchange to take them off your hands. But you’ll realize the best value by spending them before that point, so make sure you turn in your stockpiles before the end of next Season.

Bounties

Read the TWAB.

Season Pass

Read the TWAB.

Enhancement Prisms. ... 400 Legendary Shards per Prism

Read the TWAB.

Got to Go Fast

Finally, we’ve seen a few people wondering if you’ll be able to equip the Ghost mod Speed Demon with other mods like Guiding Light in the new system, and we have some good news for you: You won’t need to. Starting in Beyond Light all Sparrows, both Legendary and Exotic, will innately summon instantly, even without the Transmat Preloader perk. As a result, there is no need for a Ghost mod to impact this functionality, so Speed Demon was not carried forward into the new system.

If you’re already driving around a Sparrow with Transmat Preloader, you can keep using it and it will work just fine. Or you can pull it from Collections again and get two new perks. Newly created Sparrows will no longer roll on Transmat Preloader, so you have a chance to get yourself an extra perk and still retain that instant summon speed.

Hop on that newly instant-summoning Sparrow and zip on over to check out Spider’s new offers. He’s ready and waiting to wrap those four greedy arms around some of your wealth and make you a deal you can’t refuse.

Down to the Wire

14-HOUR DOWNTIME
On November 9, Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance.

Maintenance will begin at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC), ending on November 10 at 9 AM (1700 UTC) with the launch of Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Update 3.0.0.

Bonus information (Not in TWAB)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 13:56 (1429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Here is the Twitch video clip.

Here is the Reddit "Megathread".

And here is... Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of my vault sigh'n in potential relief. Not much, but HEY! It's something.

No Backsys Luke.

Leveling Next Season

by squidnh3, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 14:10 (1429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Another nice thing in the TWAB was that there will now be a way to get continual powerful drops just from playing a single category of activity. It supposedly won't be as efficient as doing the various different activities, but now if you really hate Gambit you hopefully won't feel forced to play it weekly.

On the other hand, losing the token drops to fill in slots lagging behind kind of sucks. Maybe drops from tokens will actually be interesting next season? I sure have a lot of tokens.

I must be missing something with the Bright Dust discussion

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 15:08 (1429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

As mentioned before, we wanted to change the way you earn Bright Dust and move more towards account-specific paths to give players with only one character significantly more Bright Dust than they've been earning over the last year. Here is the high-level look at the changes coming next Season.

• Season Pass free path will now offer 7,500 Bright Dust
  • Season Pass owned path will now offer 3,000 Bright Dust
  • Weekly Bounties will now award 100 Bright Dust

With these changes, the vast majority of players will be earning more Bright Dust than before. One of our goals here is to not have a system that pushes you to try to grind out every weekly bounty on all three characters every single week. Whether you are a three-character player or only play a Hunter, Bright Dust will be more available when earning ranks on the Season Pass. We will also be making a change to the timing of Season Pass rank purchases which will be available starting in week five instead of week nine.

Okay, I'm missing something obvious, please help me.

Right now, you have the opportunity, via Weekly Bounties, to earn 3600 Bright Dust/week from the three main vendors (Shaxx, Zavala, Drifter) - 200/bounty * 2 bounties/character * 3 characters. There are other options (right now, for example, another 1200 from Eva, plus potentially infinite amounts, in 10BD increments, for the 3000Glimmer bounties available from lots of people) - but let's stick with the main sources for the purposes of this discussion.

According to the list above, that number drops in half starting in Season 12 (1800/week from the bounties)... but there's an additional 10,500 that will come just from finishing the season pass (if you buy it) or 7500 (if you don't).

That says (to me) that if you buy the season pass, your total amount of bright dust will begin to drop, compared to this season, starting in week 6... or week 4 if you don't buy the pass.

How is this an improvement? What am I missing?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 15:47 (1429 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It’s not about letting everyone get more Bright Dust, it’s about letting players with only a single character not feel like they’re getting fucked for not running three characters, I think. 10,500 is a good chunk of bright dust, and way more than the season pass gives now. Combined with the weeklies on one character, that’s 17,700 (assuming a three month season, I honestly have no idea how long a season is anymore).

There overall bright dust you could potentially earn is lower, but it’s more focused on the season pass than bounties and having to run three characters.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 15:58 (1429 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s not about letting everyone get more Bright Dust, it’s about letting players with only a single character not feel like they’re getting fucked for not running three characters, I think. 10,500 is a good chunk of bright dust, and way more than the season pass gives now. Combined with the weeklies on one character, that’s 17,700 (assuming a three month season, I honestly have no idea how long a season is anymore).

There overall bright dust you could potentially earn is lower, but it’s more focused on the season pass than bounties and having to run three characters.

Why aren’t caps for everything account wide instead of character wide? Simple solution. Unless it’s too simple…

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 16:24 (1429 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Okay, i suppose that makes sense. Sucks for those of us who DO run 3 characters, and play a lot... but good for other people.

But....But That's Lower.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 17:39 (1429 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

But....But That's Lower.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 18:01 (1429 days ago) @ Morpheus

Not if you just play one character it isn’t.

Previously one character could earn 14,400 per season through bounties. This current season rewarded 2,700 Bright Dust through the paid season pass (assuming I didn’t miscount just now). That’s 17,100.

Next season will reward 10,500 through the Season Pass rewards. 7,200 will be available from bounties. That’s 17,700. Not much of a gain, but it is a gain.

The more important factor for me, though, is that the majority of available bright dust now comes from the season pass. The less I have to even think about bounties, the better.

For the record, I don’t care much about this change. I don’t care about Bright Dust all that much. I definitely think this is just Bungie being Bungie and characterizing something bad (or mediocre, at best) as a huge improvement, but I wouldn’t expect anything else at this point. They love to be technically correct while intentionally missing the point.

Expired Ramen Coupon! NOOOOOO!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 20:21 (1429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

-TWAB-

There are other items that will be removed from your inventory at the end of Season of Arrivals. Some, like Faction Tokens, have not had a purpose in quite a while, and others, like Expired Ramen Coupons, never really had a purpose but held some sentimental value. We know that it might hard to part with those, but it’s time to let them go.

-Twitter-

[image]

Expired Ramen Coupon! NOOOOOO!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, October 30, 2020, 07:31 (1429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

They just don't give a shit about Cayde at all! I still have my raisins from Destiny 1! MAKE ROOM!!

Add it to the new collections tab I say.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 30, 2020, 11:08 (1429 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread