Running out of Time (Season 12) (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 09:31 (1427 days ago)

[image][image][image][image]
(WELL THAN YOU BETTER GO AND CATCH IT! HAHA... wait. :P )

Quoting from the 29th of October TWAB;

14-HOUR DOWNTIME
On November 9, Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance.

Maintenance will begin at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC), ending on November 10 at 9 AM (1700 UTC) with the launch of Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Update 3.0.0.

November 9th is a Monday. While yes, there are some timey-wimy considerations depending on where you live, I think it's safe to say that this means the last SOLID day/evening to hammer out A Triumph, Lore, Content Vault Item is up to the forth coming Sunday. There for, think of this post at minimum as your...

ONE WEEK WARNING!

With that said, it would be nice to know what folks are running for so that we can sync our watches. Throw 'em here. What are you trying to get?

For example, let's use Zero over here. He has an EVENT. An event to help him get a chance to maybe possibly not get the Acrius (which of course is what he really wants) or Skyburners (well... it's something) catalyst. Because RNG loves company! Is that how it goes? Anyway. It really really really sucks that it's been Zero bringing these events to fruition, and now he is (as far as I am aware) the only one of the group who has been over all routinely committing to these events who hasn't received a catalyst. That's just straight ass. You know it. I know it. So let's go an help him get that chance.

Other than that blatantly obvious note, I am currently unaware of anyone elses aims, hence the thread.

I do know mine though! So I'll throw em here, and we'll see what happens. Thank you!

INSANEdrive's "Last Week of Season 12" List

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 10:28 (1427 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Catalysts & Exotics

• Telesto
  • Sleeper Simulant

(Note: There are also others, but these are the ones whos events are being Vaulted.)

Plus... TARRABAH!!!!

Class Triumphs

(I'm not expecting to get ALL of these, but seeing as they are fairly low-impact, may be able to comb through 'em in the next few days. As an added Bonus note, I still need to do Public Events on Mercury for some Triumphs as well.)

Account > Character > Warlock > ...

• Electric Hands - (Multiple instances of) Complete Heroic public events with 3 Arc Warlocks.
  • Dark Places - (Multiple instances of) In a fireteam of at least 3 people where you're (That's me!) the only Warlock, complete Heroic Public events with a Void subclass.

-
Also... just as a self reminder, Shocking Landing. I need only one more. Plus Raining Flames (10 Kills with-in Attunement of Flame Super) & Chasing Flame (Firebolt Grenade Kills)
-----

Account > Character > Hunter > ...

• Webspinner - (Multiple instances of) Complete Heroic public events with 3 Nightstalker Hunters.
  • Lone Hero - Multiple instances of) In a fireteam of at least 3 people where you're (That's me!) the only Hunter, complete Heroic Public events with a Solar subclass.

-
Also... just as a self reminder, Super Hunter (In a single activity, cast Supers from each Hunter subclass).
-----

Account > Character > Titan > ...

• Hammer Friends - (Multiple instances of) Complete Heroic public events with 3 Solar Titans.

-
Also... just as a self reminder, Super Titan (In a single activity, cast Supers from each Hunter subclass).

Story Triumphs

(I'm not expecting to get ALL of these, as I don't recall if there is any way to make something heroic, sans RNG of the day. Hence, putting this list out there. If you see something, someone may be able to give me a heads up. That would be nice. ^_^)

• Heroic: Curse of Osiris - Complete Heroic story missions from the Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris campaign. (I need 7 more of these!)
  • Heroic: Warmind - Complete Heroic story missions from the Destiny 2: Warmind campaign. (I need 17 more of these!)
  • Panoptes: Heroic - Defeat Panoptes on Heroic difficulty.
  • Heroic: Forsaken - Complete Heroic story missions from the Destiny 2: Forsaken campaign. (I need 16 more of these!)

Forges "Collectables"

I'm STILL trying to get...

• ...the Shaders "House of Meyrin, Rasmussen Clan, and Satou Tribe."
  • ..."The Platinum Starling", AKA One of the best looking ships in the game.

Raids (and Tribute Hall)

• A Superior Retainer - Complete the "Laviathan, Spire of Stars" raid lair on Prestige diffculty.
  • Lost in the Kingdom of Sorrow - Loot the chest at the top of the Pinnacle in the "Crown of Sorrow"... (I need 1 more!)
  • I'm Not Superstitious - Complete every encounter in the "Crown of Sorrow" raid with no Guardian receiving the Witch's Curse debuff. (I need the start! "Hive ritual dispelled")
  • Stay Classy - Complete the "Crown of Sorrow" raid with a team made entirely of Guardians of the same class.
  • ...Plus some others for Crown (Solar only/Void Only/Arc Only).

I also still have a large number of things I can do in Scourge of the Past.
-
Tribute Hall

I need ONE MORE Tribute, and then I can get that Exotic Emote.

That being...

A Succulent Wish - ... uhh... TL;DR is we need to play Last Wish and beat its encounters while I'm wearing Leviathan duds. I'm half way there. (22/40)

------
[image]

Heroic Story Missions

by squidnh3, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 13:36 (1426 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Are the Vanguard playlist in the Strike menu, there are 5 each day and they rotate daily. There is usually approximately 1 for each expansion. Braytech's "Daily" page will let you know which ones they are and approximately how long they take to complete. If a favorable on comes up (like "A Deadly Trial" which is just a 4 minute sparrow race for CoO) you should speed run it a bunch.

Heroic Story Missions

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 20:01 (1426 days ago) @ squidnh3

Are the Vanguard playlist in the Strike menu, there are 5 each day and they rotate daily. There is usually approximately 1 for each expansion. Braytech's "Daily" page will let you know which ones they are and approximately how long they take to complete. If a favorable on comes up (like "A Deadly Trial" which is just a 4 minute sparrow race for CoO) you should speed run it a bunch.

Thank you for this. There is so much on Braytech, that I'm still finding new functions for it every now and again. Did some of this earlier and had... more fun than I expected.

Side note: Man, hearing the computer say to Bray "Remember, you are Clovis Bray" has a whole new ring to it now. And in another level, look at the broken shard;

[image]

The Color looks familiar, yes? Very interesting.

Running out of Time (Season 12)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 16:38 (1426 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Off the top of my head I'm trying to:

• Get izanagi's burden: on the pyramidion strike
  • Get the outbreak prime catalyst: tomorrow night should be the last run I need
  • Run eater of worlds for the raid triumph
  • Win 7 trials matches for the armor glow and the triumph

I'll try to be on to help folks out but also this is a HELL of a week for some folks...

Ok got Izanagi's Burden

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, November 02, 2020, 10:06 (1426 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 17:11 (1426 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Things that are reasonable to reach for that I still need:

5 of the 6 Heroic Public Event/Class-based triumphs:

Warlock -> Electric Hands
Warlock -> Dark Places
Hunter -> Webspinner
Hunter -> Lone Hero
Titan -> Hammer Friends
(I have the other Titan one, 'My Fist Is Enough')

A couple of Gambit triumphs:

Gambit -> Medals -> Team -> Giant Block Party (As a team, have four Giant Blockers at the opposing team's bank at one time.)

Gambit -> Lifetime -> Private Matches -> Speed Run (Complete a round of Gambit quickly.)

(I don't know what this last one requires.)

Two Nightfall triumphs:

Vanguard -> Strikes -> Nightfall -> Arc Avoidance (Complete Nightfall strike "The Hollowed Lair" without taking any Arc damage during the final encounter.)

Vanguard -> Strikes -> Nightfall -> Three and Out (In Nightfall strike "Will of the Thousands," stun Xol with the Valkyrie three times.)

(Both of these are dependent on these two Nightfalls showing up, of course.)

I think everything else requires more involvement than I'm willing to ask for. :)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 01, 2020, 17:34 (1426 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I also need that Hollowed Lair one. A few of us tried it a few times. It seems doable, but you really need to pay attention and be careful. We got hit by an Abomination that spawns with a wave of adds the first time, and I think the boss AoE got us the second time.

Showdown was up last week

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, November 03, 2020, 14:56 (1424 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, November 03, 2020, 15:02

Old thread is locked, Showdown was up last week. I got my wins complete on the last day but not Final Showdown wins.

Our lists of reasonable triumphs left are very similar. The Gambit one would be fun to get and put my white Gambit armor set to use. There is also an old Gambit Emblem ('Dance the Demons Away') for dunking 60 motes at once or something along those lines which I never have gotten. Its not really listed much of anywhere. Its wood grain-y and ugly, but would be fun to get (if it still drops).

I'm also looking to complete the Niobe Labs final step (Black Armory Mysterious Datapad quest) this week. Its quite difficult to find people to do that task.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 03, 2020, 15:41 (1424 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Old thread is locked, Showdown was up last week. I got my wins complete on the last day but not Final Showdown wins.

Ack! We got Chappy over that Final Showdown hump last week; I'd have been happy to help with yours, as well, had I known. (I find the gametype enjoyable, as long as you've got a 4-stack. :) )

Our lists of reasonable triumphs left are very similar. The Gambit one would be fun to get and put my white Gambit armor set to use. There is also an old Gambit Emblem ('Dance the Demons Away') for dunking 60 motes at once or something along those lines which I never have gotten. Its not really listed much of anywhere. Its wood grain-y and ugly, but would be fun to get (if it still drops).

Apparently, it still drops. It requires the "In Sync" triumph (Gambit -> Mastery -> Team). If it drops in Gambit Prime as well as standard Gambit, it would be a by-product of the 4-giant-blockers triumph.

I'm also looking to complete the Niobe Labs final step (Black Armory Mysterious Datapad quest) this week. Its quite difficult to find people to do that task.

Squid, Zero and I finished that a few weeks ago - I guess I'd be willing to help with it again. It doesn't take that long, as long as you don't make the mistakes we were making the first couple of days we tried it. :)

by squidnh3, Tuesday, November 03, 2020, 15:46 (1424 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Just to be clear, the Mysterious Datapad quest and Niobe Labs (Niobe's Torment) are 2 different things. The former can be done solo, the latter cannot.

this can be done solo?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 08:31 (1424 days ago) @ squidnh3

Just to be clear, the Mysterious Datapad quest and Niobe Labs (Niobe's Torment) are 2 different things. The former can be done solo, the latter cannot.

https://gamer.ninja/mysterious-datapad-lost-souvenir-quest-steps-destiny-2/#:~:text=%20%20%201%20Step%201%3A%20The%20...

Yes, as long as you have Izanagi's

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 08:46 (1424 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 09:09 (1424 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

ugh, would need to forge the energy sniper

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 09:16 (1424 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

ugh, would need to forge the energy sniper

by squidnh3, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 09:46 (1424 days ago) @ kidtsunami

You can get the energy sniper easily (remember any weapon can be forged in any forge now), but the annoying part is actually having a full set of Black Armory armor. If you don't, you'll have to run a few more forges using the armor-drop buff you can buy from Ada while also forging weapons. The weekly bounties drop armor as well, but that's only 2 drops.

I sharded all my black armory armor so... we'll see

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 10:02 (1424 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I have 2pcs left, Weekly Bounty dropped to those 2 slots >_<

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 11:08 (1424 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 11:26

- No text -

The other option:

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 10:38 (1424 days ago) @ kidtsunami

(I offer this because I've done it at least twice now, maybe more)

You do it alone until you get to the part where you need to shoot the big guy with Izanagi's. You message me (clearly, you do this at a time when we're both on :) ) and I join you, shoot the boss, and leave again.

This is how Korny got it on both his and Sammy's accounts. It's pretty smooth.

I think so

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 09:14 (1424 days ago) @ kidtsunami

There isn't a time pressure like the Niobe's Torment, I don't think. Just equip all 3 guns and go nuts

Thank You! For stating this clearly.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, November 04, 2020, 13:02 (1423 days ago) @ kidtsunami

THANK YOU! For stating this clearly. I've been stuck for months or even a year maybe. Even though I still didn't get it, you helped me think about it differently whereas I was still thinking of them as the same quest and same quest step (which many folks are not interested in doing/reliving anymore). They always seem to just get lumped together, or the big mystery and controversy of the Torment? puzzle outshined the normal part of the quest. And now after the fact it is very difficult to do a search separately.

https://gamer.ninja/mysterious-datapad-lost-souvenir-quest-steps-destiny-2/#:~:text=%20%20%201%20Step%201%3A%20The%20...

Thank you for a relevant link that explains it step by step. During Google searches I was getting stuck with little to no information and not a good link with plain text like this one

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread