Crucible will be 120fps on next gen. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:13 (1417 days ago)

So much for mid-December. :(

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:46 (1417 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I mean... I guess it's great? Just means that I'm gonna be at a disadvantage sooner.

And that I have to start looking for a next-gen console sooner, too.

:(

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 13:16 (1417 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 13:20

Unless you have a fairly top end TV already, there’s a good chance it won’t matter anyway for 120.

Edit: I think it’s still coming in mid-december with the next gen patch. I don’t think the backwards compatible version will run at 120.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 04:19 (1417 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I mean... I guess it's great? Just means that I'm gonna be at a disadvantage sooner.

Hey man, while there is an advantage to having a higher framerate, it's really not a factor in practice. The better player is probably gonna win either way. Just go out there and have fun, no need to worry about it.

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 07:05 (1417 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Hey man, while there is an advantage to having a higher framerate, it's really not a factor in practice. The better player is probably gonna win either way....

Yeah, um, how do I get around that part?

+1

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 01:12 (1416 days ago) @ Kermit

Hey man, while there is an advantage to having a higher framerate, it's really not a factor in practice. The better player is probably gonna win either way....

For just $19.99 a month, I will personally coach you on all things video game. Hell for an extra $5, the first 100 people to sign up can even be on my friends list. Act now!

+1

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 07:47 (1416 days ago) @ Kermit

90% of it is knowing where to be. The other 10% is shooting.

Agreed

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 07:10 (1417 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Hey man, while there is an advantage to having a higher framerate, it's really not a factor in practice. The better player is probably gonna win either way. Just go out there and have fun, no need to worry about it.

At the end of the day the difference only truly matters for the pros.

Reminds me

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 07:52 (1417 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I once got to try ~$50,000 sennheisers. Yeah it sounded great. But at the end of the day I was listening to Hotel California and if you told me they were $500 headphones I'd have said "sure".

Just live your life and savor whatever ya got.

Reminds me

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 07:59 (1417 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I once got to try ~$50,000 sennheisers. Yeah it sounded great. But at the end of the day I was listening to Hotel California and if you told me they were $500 headphones I'd have said "sure".

Still jealous.

*if you have a TV with HDMI 2.1 Support.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 16:52 (1417 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Unless something changes

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 07:12 (1417 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm getting one of these for XMas.

ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A 27”

And then another so I can merge my whole gaming/work setup into one desk.

Unless something changes

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 08:40 (1417 days ago) @ kidtsunami

In my opinion, screen size is a much more important factor for both entertainment and performance than refresh rate beyond 60. I don't think I could ever to 27".

Unless something changes

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 14:07 (1416 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In my opinion, screen size is a much more important factor for both entertainment and performance than refresh rate beyond 60. I don't think I could ever to 27".

That's funny.

I've got a friend who now refuses to play on anything above 24".

I'll be switching from a 55" 4k HDR 60fps tv so it should be interesting.

Unless something changes

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 12:48 (1415 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I tended to agree with this in the past, I would much rather play on my 4k 55 inch TV than a 24 inch monitor. My PC can run most games at max, but I really only used it for MMOs, and somewhat recently Destiny.

2 weeks ago a power outage broke both my PS4 PRO and 4K tv, both out of warranty of course and no extra protection. Yes, they were on a surge protector. More of a brown out than a power surge. Super salty. Hoping renters insurance can help for once....

Now I am playing on my 24 inch 144hz monitor, keeping 85+ fps steady on Warzone and D2. I get the appeal now. Still a bit torn.

Unless something changes

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 12, 2020, 20:22 (1415 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Being closer to the screen makes 100+ FOV make sense, which I definitively prefer. I don't think I can go back to TV screens anymore...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread