Twist of the Knife (and then some pictures). (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:17 (1261 days ago)

Just once, at least, I would like to enjoy a "you had to be there" cool thing, an evening in celebration of Destiny The Game, without frustrating occurrences. Not just frustrating, but in this case as if with Malice.

But I get ahead of myself.

I should first start with placing the blame on myself. Bungie gave PLENTY of warning and plenty of heads up to figure out what was to be done. Life withstanding, there was plenty of time. Of course, if it really was that simple, I would not be making a post about it.

I had finally finished. I was done with an hour or two to spare before the "soft shutdown". I had grabbed all the things I could that I cared to grab. So I did one last sweep of Breytechs "Vault" List. Everything was fine. Everything WAS fine. Somehow I found myself looking at the Lore Page in a different part of the Breytech site. A mimicked screen. It showed all lore as it appeared in game, sans one difference. All vaulted lore was red, signifying as such.

I was only expecting to see one bit of lore incomplete. (Thanks again Wu for your help.) I saw two. This was the one I was missing.

For some reason, this confessions lore did not show up in the "Content Vault List" on Breytech. To compound this even more, I had JUST SPENT THE LAST FEW HOURS IN THE MENAGERIE!!!!! I was getting armor that I might use when Transmog becomes a thing, so I was in there for hours. I was in that Gauntlet room for more that I want to say.

It hurt. Seeing this hurt.

So I played a game, which never saw the Gauntlet. Fine. I can just get to it at the end. We have over(?) 200 seconds to traverse the map. BUT! Turns out the Gauntlet, AND ONLY THE GAUNTLET as far as I can tell, has a door. That door is closed. There for, that meant I needed to get "The Gauntlet" in a game, or nothing.

Whooo boy.

Well... as you may have figured. None of the games had the Gauntlet. Servers went down. Quick update patched in. Half hour later when the back end stopped spazzing about, making the game playable again

I thought I still had time, brief as it was. It was only a "SMALL" event after all. They made it sound minor, leaked as it may have been. I thought I still had time to squeeze out one or two tries. Than after that I would call it how ever it went down, do my last min clean up of stuff for the new season, and join the event.

Something something plans.

Literately as I was going in to the Menagerie... I saw this:

I was out of time. Oh... but guess what happens next? YOU KNOW! YOU KNOW EXACTLY what happens next!

In all my time playing this Menagerie, I've never spawned into the Gauntlet before. Took me a moment to realize where I was, and get my barrings. You can see, by my frantic movement I'm trying to find where the spot is (as in the video, barrings are based off of where the Raid Banner is). Than that countdown comes one and... Oh, by the heavens folks...

[image]

So... yeah. That was the ending of MY evening, more or less. I'm laughing about it now, but... MAN. That's... that is so very not cool. I think I even said that. Lol... shit.

---

Now I'm just going to end this with some pictures I took throughout this last week or so. Gotta end a high note.

[image][image][image][image][image]

[image][image][image]

[image][image]

[image][image][image][image][image][image][image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread