THAB 11.12.20–It gets worse edition. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 14:28 (1415 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 14:33

Update here

They preview the new season starting next week.

Preview of some stasis Aspects and Fragments. This is where it gets worse:

Against Players:

Slow will reduce movement speed.
Reduce ability regeneration rates.
Suppress movement abilities (jump, dodge, etc).
Reduce the following weapon stats:
ADS speed
ADS move speed
Weapon reload speed
Weapon handling
Weapon kick direction
Reduces weapon accuracy.

Super can’t wait to be hit with that shit in Crucible!

They detail some bugs and fixes (hurry up and fix Rose, damnit!), then post some videos and art.

75% worse, apparently

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 17:26 (1415 days ago) @ cheapLEY

75% worse, apparently

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 18:54 (1415 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

https://imgur.com/a/vLWVhSY

Holy crap.

Come on man. We had infinite tethers there for a while back in regular Des2ny with Orpheus Rig :-p

Crap, got the wrong Fragments...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 12, 2020, 20:20 (1415 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Look at this Warlock melee modifier.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 12, 2020, 22:24 (1415 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Seriously, holy fuck.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, November 13, 2020, 09:19 (1415 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm yet to get my Stasis powers but from the stuff I've seen so far...it does seem pretty egregious.

So I ask...

Considering it is a power of darkness, is it possible they intentionally made it this OP?

by squidnh3, Friday, November 13, 2020, 10:00 (1415 days ago) @ ManKitten

Considering it is a power of darkness, is it possible they intentionally made it this OP?

Considering their history of releasing overpowered subclasses regardless of power origins (Sunbreaker & Stormcaller in TTK, Nova Warp/Well/Spectral/Blade Barrage in Forsaken), I'm not so sure. The cynical explanation is that they make them overpowered to sell expansions. The not-so-cynical explanation is that they just can't help themselves.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 13, 2020, 10:25 (1415 days ago) @ squidnh3

I think it’s the latter.

I won’t go so far as too say they don’t care about Crucible entirely, but it’s undeniably a secondary consideration at best. I think they tend to just embrace the the chaos. I was sort of hoping Stasis would be the literal balance to some of the OP class abilities, but it’s clearly gone too far in that regard.

As sloppy as it can be, and as infuriating as it can be to be frozen, I also still had a ton of fun in Cricible. I think the delighted joy my troll heart feels every time I get a double or triple freeze with the Warlock melee outweighs the frustration of getting frozen myself. I’m not even remotely sure it’s sustainable for a healthy Crucible, but I’m embracing the chaos for now.

I will say it’s also not quite as bad in Survival. Or, at the very least, it doesn’t blindside you out of nowhere every 40 seconds.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 13, 2020, 10:32 (1415 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think it’s the latter.

I won’t go so far as too say they don’t care about Crucible entirely, but it’s undeniably a secondary consideration at best. I think they tend to just embrace the the chaos. I was sort of hoping Stasis would be the literal balance to some of the OP class abilities, but it’s clearly gone too far in that regard.

As sloppy as it can be, and as infuriating as it can be to be frozen, I also still had a ton of fun in Cricible. I think the delighted joy my troll heart feels every time I get a double or triple freeze with the Warlock melee outweighs the frustration of getting frozen myself. I’m not even remotely sure it’s sustainable for a healthy Crucible, but I’m embracing the chaos for now.

I will say it’s also not quite as bad in Survival. Or, at the very least, it doesn’t blindside you out of nowhere every 40 seconds.

All I have to add is, and I've not experienced this yet, only just seen... getting frozen in Super is bullshit. It's no longer a Super than. I will admit a touch of glee in seeing a "Code Of The Missile" drop to the ground with a disarmed thud, but it's still bullshit. Of all the... *ahem*... hearty criticism there is for Stasis, this capability to me is principle. As of now, why run anything else? Everything else is forfeit. My basic ability can out do your Super. WTF?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 13, 2020, 10:47 (1415 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don’t know, it’s no different than suppression grenades.

I guess it’s not completely the same, as the Warlock stasis melee is a very smooth brain win button, but a basic ability shutting down supers isn’t some egregious new thing.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 13, 2020, 11:23 (1415 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I guess it’s not completely the same, as the Warlock stasis melee is a very smooth brain win button, but a basic ability shutting down supers isn’t some egregious new thing.

Fair counterpoint. There are preexisting abilities that can stop Supers. Suppression Grenade rewards placement and timing. You can stop supers with a well placed void shield bash too, now that I'm thinking about it. Hunters have no base ability that can suppress I think, just the Super with long range and trapping capability.

Warlocks had no suppression until now. The catch with this ability is its range. (The Melee has a short range, probably soon to be shorter.) Eh. Such a shame. It's a lot of fun in PvE! (I've not played any of the other classes "Stasis" abilities yet, so I'm unaware of their kit to contrast.)

This is why Bungie hates Warlocks. Just when we start to have a little fun, Y'ALL BITCH! :P

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, November 13, 2020, 14:17 (1415 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Fair counterpoint. There are preexisting abilities that can stop Supers. Suppression Grenade rewards placement and timing. You can stop supers with a well placed void shield bash too, now that I'm thinking about it. Hunters have no base ability that can suppress I think, just the Super with long range and trapping capability.

Warlocks had no suppression until now. The catch with this ability is its range. (The Melee has a short range, probably soon to be shorter.) Eh. Such a shame. It's a lot of fun in PvE! (I've not played any of the other classes "Stasis" abilities yet, so I'm unaware of their kit to contrast.)

This is why Bungie hates Warlocks. Just when we start to have a little fun, Y'ALL BITCH! :P

Also worth pointing out that it’s more than suppression... it also freezes you in place, leaving you completely defenceless. Plus, the warlock melee kinda bleeds together with all the other freeze abilities in a way that is far more oppressive feeling than suppressors have ever been.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 13, 2020, 15:50 (1414 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Also worth pointing out that it’s more than suppression... it also freezes you in place, leaving you completely defenceless. Plus, the warlock melee kinda bleeds together with all the other freeze abilities in a way that is far more oppressive feeling than suppressors have ever been.

Oh! I know it. Again, haven't played with the other classes yet. At first I was very disappointed with the Warlock super. The loop inherent within it is so... eh. Didn't feel super to me. It's so... passive. Than I got this weeks first aspect... and all of a sudden I understood the untold power. Everything connects together, melee included. Shit is going to get crazy out there.

Also, I just want to say... man, I'm so sorry CruelLEGACEY. I'm having a blast, here and there, but your bag is PvP and Gunplay. Such has taken a considerable hit at the moment. I tip my hat to you.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 13, 2020, 11:29 (1415 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah... my first character was my Titan. I did NOT have fun in the Crucible; my super was shut down within a second or two of casting it, every single time. (7 or 8 games.) I mean, maybe the Titan super sucks compared to Hunter/Warlock, maybe I suck... but it wasn't even remotely fun. I'm trying to psych myself up to do the 3 games on Hunter for the weak pinnacle, and I'm not having much luck.

Just another data point.

(Side note: I've done 6 strikes using the stasis subclass for Titan, and I have 37 stasis-affected kills. I need 60 to progress that Stranger questline. I am really, really bad with this subclass, and I can't improve it with Aspects, because I can't EARN Aspects. :( I know it's early days... but this is absolutely the least fun part of Beyond Light for me. Across the board.)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 13, 2020, 12:06 (1415 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I finished that part of the objective in a single strike on my Warlock. I’ve heard that the hit detection on the Titan melee sucks, but i haven’t played a Titan yet, so I’m not sure.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 13, 2020, 12:10 (1415 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I finished that part of the objective in a single strike on my Warlock. I’ve heard that the hit detection on the Titan melee sucks, but i haven’t played a Titan yet, so I’m not sure.

"Sucks" doesn't really do it justice. Imagine a shoulder charge you have no control over.

There's a trick to it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, November 13, 2020, 14:18 (1415 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You're supposed to hold it for the lunge, then tap for the actual bash. You can turn a lot during the lunge and the magnetism for the bash is way better if you do it this way.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 13, 2020, 10:26 (1415 days ago) @ squidnh3

Considering their history of releasing overpowered subclasses regardless of power origins (Sunbreaker & Stormcaller in TTK, Nova Warp/Well/Spectral/Blade Barrage in Forsaken), I'm not so sure. The cynical explanation is that they make them overpowered to sell expansions. The not-so-cynical explanation is that they just can't help themselves.

From the TWAB;

Fine, It’s Cosmic Ice
We are seeing many Guardians out in the wild who have claimed Stasis as their own and embraced a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural. There are many Aspects and Fragments still left to be discovered that will allow you to further customize your new powers. We wanted to give you some additional info on how these new status effects will hinder your opponents. This is not info the Vanguard would tell you.

...I think you may be on to something Squid. Here is how the meeting probably went;

Bungie Dev: Isn't Stasis OP?

Bungie Dev Boss: POWER! UNNNNLIMITED POOOWWUHHHH!!!

Mayhem next week. Looks like Bungie wants some Data!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 13, 2020, 15:59 (1414 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Note: Not from the Twab. Just popped up when loading into Destiny 2. Mayhem indeed.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread