DFL last three crucible games (Destiny)

by nico, Sunday, November 15, 2020, 22:33 (1412 days ago)

But hey, I’m making progress on Adorable, or Loved, or Adoring, or whatever the next flashing icon is.

I can accept gimping myself, but I’m sad I’m gimping my team of internet strangers.

I’ve dissociated myself from it — I just watch Netflix, sound off. I remember trying (Revoker, Mountaintop), and the results between trying and not caring were negligible, so now, I just don’t give a damn, and don't even feel guilty anymore.

Is this really the best we can do with these quests? Is there no place to evolve from 2007?

Oh and...

by nico, Sunday, November 15, 2020, 22:42 (1412 days ago) @ nico

Before you give me crap for picking the "crucible" path -- I generally enjoy crucible, and, silly me, I assumed I could pick the gambit / strikes path on other characters, but once you commit, there's no going back on any character.

Oh and...

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, November 15, 2020, 22:58 (1412 days ago) @ nico

Before you give me crap for picking the "crucible" path -- I generally enjoy crucible, and, silly me, I assumed I could pick the gambit / strikes path on other characters, but once you commit, there's no going back on any character.

Yeah, that part is pretty unreasonable.

On the bright side, when you do finally get it, it'll be pretty high light!

Oh and...

by nico, Sunday, November 15, 2020, 23:04 (1412 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, that part is pretty unreasonable.

On the bright side, when you do finally get it, it'll be pretty high light!

To be sure. I'm just sad that "not caring," or to use a more corporate term, "lack of investment" is something I have to resort to in a game I generally enjoy playing!

Oh and...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 13:57 (1410 days ago) @ nico

I'm just sad that "not caring," or to use a more corporate term, "lack of investment" is something I have to resort to in a game I generally enjoy playing!

That’s a strange tension which has existed within Destiny to one degree or another since the launch of D1, I think. Whether it’s RNG loot or storytelling expectations or the desire for a competitive PvP experience, there are plenty of ways this game gets worse the more you care about certain aspects of it, even though Bungie often pushes those aspects as parts of the game we’re “supposed” to care about.

Personally, I think Beyond Light has tipped way further than any previous point in the franchise. I’m just... I’m so confused. I really have no idea how it could launch in the state that it did. I’m not just referring to little issues that’ll get fixed over time.,I think the combination of sunsetting, the DCV, and the stasis subclass are a kind of unholy Trinity that really might kill the game for a large portion of the player base. I’ve already uninstalled D2, and I’d be willing to bet there are a lot of other players on the verge of bailing out as well. And unlike previous points in the franchise, I’m not optimistic that updates or balance tweaks could improve the game for me. Those 3 issues (sunsetting, DCV, and Stasis) are inherent negatives to me. They could be tweaked to have less of a negative effect than they do right now, but I can’t see a way that I would ever consider them positives. I hope I’m wrong about that, but I can’t imagine how Bungie would ever turn them into welcome additions to the game (for me).

Oh and...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 15:10 (1410 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Damn, that’s a bummer. I’ll certainly miss playing with you. I get it, though. I spent most of the last year not playing Destiny and not really feeling like I was missing much. There’s still truth to what I said when we played the other night: Part of me hopes they do fuck it up so bad that I can finally just walk away from the game for good.

This expansion, despite sort of being dogshit on paper, is the most compelling the game has been for me since Forsaken.

Oh and...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 19, 2020, 06:52 (1409 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Damn, that’s a bummer. I’ll certainly miss playing with you. I get it, though. I spent most of the last year not playing Destiny and not really feeling like I was missing much. There’s still truth to what I said when we played the other night: Part of me hopes they do fuck it up so bad that I can finally just walk away from the game for good.

This expansion, despite sort of being dogshit on paper, is the most compelling the game has been for me since Forsaken.

I’m sure I’ll jump back in to check it out when I get a Series X sometime in the next month or two. But for now, I just don’t enjoy the game Bungie is making. Makes me sad as an old Bungie fan, but there are larger problems out there :)

On the flip side, I started playing Gears 5 and holy crap, what an awesome game. I really liked Gears 1-3, skipped Judgement, and was indifferent to Gears 4, but so far 5 is making a good push for my favourite in the franchise. The sheer amount of action going on in some of these campaign missions is just insane, with different groups of friendlies coming together and splitting up, loads of different enemy types, a truckload of great and fun weapons... it’s a blast :)

Oh and...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 19, 2020, 08:05 (1409 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There’s still truth to what I said when we played the other night: Part of me hopes they do fuck it up so bad that I can finally just walk away from the game for good.

You should probably not even try Matter the first time then. Don't get hooked to begin with.

DFL last three crucible games

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 16, 2020, 06:52 (1412 days ago) @ nico

I don’t know what step you’re on, but the first big one is team based. I finished it without ever even equipping a sniper rifle. Step 2 isn’t team based, but it’s only 5 long distance sniper kills or 5 precision sniper kills, whichever you get first.

Oh I think...

by nico, Monday, November 16, 2020, 09:03 (1412 days ago) @ cheapLEY

...we might be talking about different weapons -- this is for Adored, and it's the Crucible path -- get 50 or 100 sniper kills (I'm not sure, it's a %)

It's tedious molasses for some people (me) to use a sniper in crucible. Why can't the quest steps be:

Finish in the top fifty percent on your crucible team with a sniper equipped x times.
Finish with a K/D above 1.5 with a sniper equipped x times.

I just get frustrated being forced to use a weapon in an activity where my performance affects others.

Oh I think...

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 16, 2020, 09:15 (1412 days ago) @ nico
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, November 16, 2020, 09:49

No, that’s what I’m talking about. I got the weapon after equipping a Sniper for 2 games to get 5 Precision Final Blows in step 2. Step 1 was three things like get kills and points or something, and I finished it without ever using a Sniper.

Are you sure you’re not talking about the Ornament? It has a quest that gives you the ornament and the new crucible emblem, and it has a bunch of Sniper requirements that aren’t team based.

EDIT: The step I’m talking about requires Guardian kills, Valor ranks, and points from Sniper kills. If that’s the step you’re doing, it’s all team based, so just run what you want and let your team do the work for you in regards to Sniper kills.

I'm an idiot...

by nico, Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:17 (1412 days ago) @ cheapLEY

EDIT: The step I’m talking about requires Guardian kills, Valor ranks, and points from Sniper kills. If that’s the step you’re doing, it’s all team based, so just run what you want and let your team do the work for you in regards to Sniper kills.

Yup, that's the one. Thank you for the clarification.

I feel like an idiot!

I'm an idiot...

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:23 (1411 days ago) @ nico

Yup, that's the one. Thank you for the clarification.

I feel like an idiot!

To be fair, I was playing with like squid and Nevin and unoudid who were all actively working in the quests. It’s really obvious when progress was jumping up that quickly.

Relying on blueberries will be a crapshoot, but if you like playing Crucible it’ll finish itself eventually.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread