This is pretty close to my take. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, November 19, 2020, 05:33 (1225 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I can see why the community is up in arms

I don’t. The Destiny community fucking sucks sometimes. I get some disappointment, I share some of it, but everyone on reddit is acting like emotionally stunted preteens.

This is why I mostly pop over there for Raid info, or if I have a really specific down-in-the-weeds question. Otherwise I stay away. It absolutely drains my enthusiasm.

<snip> The biggest disappointment there is the removal of strikes and maps from the core activities with basically nothing to replace the removed content. I like the renewed sort of focus into trying to push players into those playlists, but those playlists feel really neglected right now, and that sucks.

Agree here. I'm going to grieve the loss of the Festering Core the most. I could go on about how much I love that Strike.

I really love the way the new expansion and season are structured, but sunsetting really sort of fucked that up. I hate the way they handled it, and it makes no sense as justification for any of the reasons they actually said they were doing it. I also really hate that there’s basically one giant loot pool now. I loved getting focused drops from Zavala versus Shaxx versus Drifter. Now it’s basically one massive loot pool that can come from anything in the game from Tower vendors to Public Event chests, with the only focused drops being stuff on Europa and the new seasonal hunts.

This is one of my few gripes as well. I suspect part of it may be due to the fact that transmog is planned, and armor appearances are going to become more or less universal, which explains why all the new armor for each of those vendors is identical. I suppose we might get new ornament sets from vendors in the future?

This expansion is a mixed bag because of those issues, but structurally and conceptually I absolutely love it. I’ve been having a really great time.

Same here, I know there are a few rough edges to be sanded down in terms of how Stasis plays in Crucible, but I'm here for the ride. The tweaks to Gambit are spot on, and Stasis feels great against mobs and Invaders alike. I haven't leveraged it for invading yet, Xenophage makes that nearly impossible, but we'll see. If there is anything at all that I feel is missing, it's new maps for Gambit and Crucible. I still hold out hope that we'll see new Crucible gametypes, the way Stasis changes how Crucible plays makes me feel like that's sort of inevitable.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread