Has anyone else dug into remapping buttons on controller? (Destiny)

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 17:33 (1244 days ago)

So has anyone else used the remap function in Destiny yet? Finally dived into using it a few days ago. Wanted to come up with an easier way for me to start a slide. Started with a long press of L1/L2 being a mapping for 'hold crouch', since it felt like a good idea. Anyway, turns out that doesn't work out because if you have a grenade you'll always throw it first, and making grenades long-press is a hard no. After working with it some more, I settled on double tapping L2 as 'toggle crouch' to start a slide. This has currently left my tap-B unmapped.

I'm also playing with the fact that you can map button chords, so I've mapped B+Y (or circle+triangle) tap as "switch to heavy" to be able to instantly pull out heavy on a gamepad like you can on a keyboard. Seems to work well. Still have an unmapped B-tap though.

I've thought about leaving tap-B unmapped since i rarely used crouching anyway and may just use it as a chord button for use with other buttons, which could get interesting or convoluted very fast. I rarely use B as it is because I use legacy sticks (left stick: turn left/right and move back and forth, right stick is strafing left/right and looking up and down), but even getting to B on regular sticks would mean not aiming while I'm hitting it, so.. yeah.

The fact that it's not just regular remapping but also the ability to also remap it via being a tap, double tap, or long press does open up options.

Anyone else come up with interesting remaps, or improved your accessibility with the feature?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread