Silly Games like the Old Days. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:36 (1112 days ago)

15 feet of snow. Barefoot. Uphill both ways. Pepperidge Farm. All that jazz.

Recently one of the Destiny Youtubers uploaded this:

In watching it, I couldn't help but recall the Halo Days of Multiplayer. Days where you would jump into a server and no one was shooting at each other, because everyone was trying to pull off a flip off of the cliffs of Blood Gulch. Days where in Halo 2, we were gathering (or at least trying to) all the fusion cores into a pile around a Warthog just to see how big a boom we could make or how high we could fling a player. Anyone here ever just load up the multiplayer map "Terminal" and place a bunch of Tanks on the track? Or was that just me? Than with Halo 3 and Forge, the silliness went to 11. Too much to list really, but as I recall one of the faves was a custom map where we would drop warthogs on us...or something? Ah...

Point of it all is, the goal was simple. Silly, care free, fun. No one is sweating their K/D, or rageing at some play. The goal was fun, and in watching this... I gotta say I miss it. It's a shame Destiny is often so serious, and that it's Multiplayer is so neglected. The these silly days have been lost and replaced with "loot"... so three blues that will be sharded in an instant, yee ha.

Perhaps this is an odd thing to say, as after all... look. These folks are having the very silly fun I lament! They are losing, but no one cares, because they are winning in the fun that is had! Perhaps. With the reminiscing I suppose I'll end with a question; I wonder how much of this can be had in Destiny, without the game fighting you to that end?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread