*SPOILERS* Questions (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:27 (1100 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Anyway, yeah. The story aspects of it worked really well though, for a bite-sized morsel.

I really liked it. I don’t know about the animation, but I loved the way it was shot, and the way it echoes Uldren’s death at the end of Forsaken. I’d have to rewatch, but I think his pose on the ground and framing is almost identical, and instead of a gun shooting him, we see Zavala’s hand helping him up. It really worked for me.

I must admit that I don’t quite understand the way he was hidden from Zavala. Zavala seems like the one person who would unquestionably accept Crow and forgive him for having been Uldren in a past life.

Also, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at the footnote at the end with the Cabal. So we make this grand deal where the Canal have to leave Earth, but instead of seeing that actually play out, nah, the same Canal we’ve been fighting for three years in the EDZ are still there, only they’re just criminals now. I realize it would be a lot of work to actually remove Cabal and change the EDZ, but why even write the story that way then? It makes the stakes feel absolutely meaningless. And it’s also exactly the sort of thing I’d love to see. They talk about a living world, then leave the actual world we play in completely static and write their way around it in the most ridiculous way. Its not that big of a deal but it really stuck out to me.

What did Crow do to revive Zavala's ghost? And where is ol Pulled Pork ghost?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread