Destiny’s story is finally worth playing for. *Spoilers* (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 02, 2021, 14:20 (1051 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Instead of being neat set dressing, Destiny over the last year is finally putting story forward in a way that’s worth it for its own sake.

I legitimately loved the quest this week. The Expunge mission was fun to do alone, and then the story delivery was on point. That cutscene with Saint was absolutely fantastic. Admittedly, it was odd that the conversation didn’t continue after that. I stood there for too long waiting for it to continue.

SAME!

I hate Lakshmi. I see people saying the song she sang was to the tune of Savathun’s song. I listened to it like fifteen times, and I think that’s a stretch, but if it is true, the whole city is singing Savathun’s Song, which can’t be a good thing.

She strikes me as a tragic character; she's not evil, she's just inflexible at a time when flexibility is needed for compassion. History's shown that that attitude can lead to all sorts of awfulness... but I don't think she's bad, just misguided.

My problem with Lakshmi is that she strikes me as duplicitous. Given humanity’s incredibly perilous position in the Destiny universe, as well as our history with the Fallen, it is perfectly reasonable for some people in the last city to be against letting any potential threats within the city walls. It’s easy for us (the players) to forget that we have a personal history with Mithrax that the average human in the last city does not. Our willingness to trust him must look down right insane to many citizens. So I think it’s perfectly understandable for there to be a certain amount of anxiety and distrust around the situation. However, I’m not sure if Lakshmi herself genuinely feels that way, or if she’s just using the current situation to score political points. I’m not convinced she actually sees Mithrax and his house as a threat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread