Destiny Community Podcast interview with Bungie Devs (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 03, 2021, 09:49 (1058 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The DCP spent around two hours talking to Kevin Yanes and Chris Proctor about the Destiny sandbox.

I’m just starting to listen, so I don’t really know what it encompasses, but there is a decent summary and discussion on reddit if you don’t want to listen.

(Direct Link)

So I had just read the summary write up on reddit, and was going to make a thread, and what do I find? I get to comment on it instead!

First of all, I'm intensely glad about the clarification on what happened with stasis. I can't be the only person who said "that's all you had to say". TL;DR - It was an over-tweak due to a question; why freeze when you could OHKO? I get it! You're in a vacuum and you're afraid the thing you are making is going to be irrelevant, so you push it super hard. Now, to me that means you need to do something about your TESTING protocols, but, all in all I get it.

Fantastic.

...and that's all I can write down right now, but later on at some point I'll probably throw down a few more notes. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread