Could Halo finally be good again? (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, June 14, 2021, 15:17 (1037 days ago) @ Korny

I know the Zoomer-focused Halo of the past decade wasn't everyone's favorite, but with the success of the MCC in the past couple of years, and the "return to form" approach to Infinite's core loop and aesthetics, I wonder if Halo truly is making a comeback as a franchise.

I hope so. It's probably not realistic to expect it to be the cultural juggernaut again, but I'd settle for just being excited to play. I won't be sleeping on this one like I did H5, for sure.

Dunno about y'all, but I'm digging the focus on sandbox this time instead of the Precision weapon fetish that the "Pro Team" had led the series towards.

Indeed.

And the best part is that all of the Multiplayer is free-to-play (with the entire game being included with Gamepass)!

In theory I don't know if F2P multiplayer is necessarily good, it makes me think of mobile games and lootboxes. But in practice I don't do competitive PvP anymore, so I don't actually care. And people seem to like Apex, so it's at least possible to do it well, I guess.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread