Final Thoughts and Spoilers. (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 07:40 (939 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 07:44

I may have missed something, but I can’t think of a single scenario where feeling others’ emotions was the wrong choice. I do wish there had been some nuance there.

Yeah. In the original, using your powers could have consequences. I remember being able to snoop and sneak into rooms, and if you got caught you could rewind and still know what you saw. But, just knowing the info was sometimes bad. For instance, Dana would get super pissed at Max if you found out about the pregnancy test, something which you could only do through time manipulation.

I made the opposite choice from you in both of those situations. Charlotte ended up basically being dead inside. It’s a little ambiguous as to the permanence of that. She is a shown looking very happy with Ethan in the “what if you stay” scene at the end, which may just mean that it’s a scene that doesn’t account for any choices.

This is what I wish there were more of. Where helping someone out either isn't actually helping, or else it would burden and harm you. I never got mad at Steph and Ryan since I didn't have her anger.

I like the cast of True Colors better, in general. Although the best side character in this game is also just from the first LiS. It only suffers in that regard because of the lack of many subplots involving a lot of them. I think they really stepped it up with the writing. There are still some awkward lines, but for the most part, the conversations all felt pretty real and natural.

I mean, the original was about teenagers. This was about 20 somethings. Do you know how dumb teenagers are? Which the original was actually kind of perfect at capturing.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread