Meh. (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 23:45 (920 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Edit: One more thing. It occurs to me that if this was say when Halo 5 came out, may have been different. That on the face of it, the little that is shown would be enough to bring about some sort of excitement. In such a span there have been more and more large free roaming game play worlds. Witcher 3, Red Dead 2, Pray 2, Ubisofts Games... eh so on. What brings it all together? What makes one game feel like a whole package, while other games can feel like a bunch of scattered lonely tricks. Cool on the surface but ultimately hallow to play. I'm not sure I have the words to answer that right now, but "feel" wise, I'm just not seeing it in Halo Infinite yet.

They could nail the feel, and I still think it would come up short.

“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.”― Heraclitus

This is the problem Halo faces today. It's impossible to capture and recreate that feeling and experience of playing the originals when you did. It's a folly to try. Why is Seinfeld unfunny? The same reason Halo has nowhere to go on its current course.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread