A step backwards for Trials. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 16:14 (1065 days ago)

According to the TWAB, Trials will now take number of wins (no matter how many cards, Flawless or not) into account for matchmaking

So get to the Lighthouse early or get fucked as you get wins on non-Flawless cards.

A step backwards for Trials.

by squidnh3, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 16:25 (1065 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I'm not too fond of this one either. Seems like waiting until Sunday or Monday is still the play, but it puts a lot of pressure on that first card. I figured they would change something up now that all I need is the Confidence Card flawless run for the Title.

A step backwards for Trials.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 16:33 (1065 days ago) @ squidnh3

I wonder if it’ll lead to anyone throwing early card games that don’t seem like they’ll be wins.

Experience

by squidnh3, Monday, November 01, 2021, 09:06 (1061 days ago) @ squidnh3

Played a bit over the weekend, and fell at the gates of the lighthouse last night. I had 7 total wins prior to starting that card. I did have some really fun and competitive games though, with some actual back and forth in different rounds (this map is great). As long as your teammates don't get instantly sniped in the first 10 seconds of the round you have a lot of options. I may try again tonight.

Experience

by squidnh3, Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 05:53 (1060 days ago) @ squidnh3

Played a bit over the weekend, and fell at the gates of the lighthouse last night. I had 7 total wins prior to starting that card. I did have some really fun and competitive games though, with some actual back and forth in different rounds (this map is great). As long as your teammates don't get instantly sniped in the first 10 seconds of the round you have a lot of options. I may try again tonight.

Ended up managing a flawless card last night, then played a few games on the card after that. Matchmaking times were really long on the 7-win card for whatever reason. All in all, my experience with the supposed total-win-based matchmaking wasn't that different than the flawless pool weekends.

Here's a wild sudden death round from a critical win I got along the way:

Experience

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 09:21 (1060 days ago) @ squidnh3

So what’s the lighthouse like this time around? And how does it exist given mercury is supposed to be gone?

Experience

by squidnh3, Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 09:36 (1060 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So what’s the lighthouse like this time around? And how does it exist given mercury is supposed to be gone?

It's cool, but not as mysterious. Saint-14 shows up there to congratulate you and prattle on about the joys of competition and playing more Trials. It's specifically noted as Simulated Mercury now, Saint-14 even has voice lines about that.

Phenomenal Playing!

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, November 02, 2021, 10:24 (1060 days ago) @ squidnh3

I really enjoyed watching that

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread