Well, that sucks. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:16 (890 days ago)

So I saw a week or two ago that Destiny 2 is leaving Xbox GamePass on December 8, but life's been nuts enough that it wasn't until today that I could look into what that meant for me.

When I first read about it, it was just Beyond Light. Today, they announced that all Destiny 2 Expansions on GamePass are going away - Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and BL.

The first two aren't a huge problem (for me); I bought them individually when they came out.

The last one, though - Beyond Light - well, that's a problem. BL launched about the same time I migrated from Xbox Live Gold to GamePass Ultimate (since the $1-to-upgrade deal was pretty much unbeatable)... so I thought, well, instead of buying this game on two platforms, I can save some money and buy it on PlayStation, and get it for free on Xbox (with GamePass), and have the best of both worlds.

Until now.

I suppose I could live without the campaign... but ALL of the stuff that came with Beyond Light is going away if you are using the GP version. That includes Vault of Glass... and it includes the Stasis subclasses.

So it looks like I've got an unexpected $40 charge coming up in the next 3 weeks. (Yeah, they're offering it at a 20% discount at the moment, I guess as a 'we're sorry to fuck you with almost no warning'?)

Dammit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread