Bungie’s toxic work culture, new IGN investigation. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 10, 2021, 12:48 (861 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, December 10, 2021, 13:11

Curse of Osiris' story had been lambasted on Reddit, with a few female narrative team members being singled out by the community for harassment, death threats, and vitriol. Our sources say these women didn't receive support inside the studio or from the community team for what they were going through, and multiple sources were aware of one member of leadership still at the studio who emailed Reddit comments about these women to other company leaders in a seeming bid to tear down the narrative team because players didn't like the story.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that even on the internet, your words can hurt. I've certainly made my fair share of criticism towards the story that was not in the best of tones. This is one of those articles that really hits you. Reading this really left an impression. I hope Bungie can sort it out, but I can at least sort myself out and try to be better.

It's worth reading the whole article. Some shit is just as bad as Blizzard. It's all so disheartening. Thank you Cookie Hiponia and others who shared.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread