RIP Destiny Alpha (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:51 (825 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Interested to hear what you think about it.

We going to play House of Ashes? I also still have A Way Out. I also really want to try It Takes Two.

YES! I have this weekend free if you do. I might have to play on PS4 because I don't think the astros work with PS5? (No optical out!)

I'm pretty sure Astro has made it so that you can use your Astros with the new consoles using just the USB cord (depending on what generation headset you have, perhaps?) I use my gen3 A50s on my Xbox Series X all the time without a problem (with no optical port) and I think they would work the same way with the PS5.

You can indeed, but you lose the ability to control volume of chat and game separately without the optical output.

Are you certain about that? Cuz I know I'm able to still tap the buttons on the side of the headphone that turns the party char down so I can focus on cutscene dialog [on XSX; don't have a PS5 yet].

My headphones have no buttons. Old ass Astro A40s. You use a dial on the mixamp to balance game audio vs chat audio, which does nothing if it's USB only.

Wait... you're telling me that your 12-year-old headset that was specifically built for consoles 3 generations ago is having trouble with current-gen tech?

I don't know how that could be!

Cool. But right now that doesn’t help me if the game is too loud and I can’t hear him today.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread