Witch Queen—Weapons and Gear Trailer (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 01, 2022, 09:30 (969 days ago)

One of these days I’ll learn to not let a Destiny trailer get me hyped, but that is not this day.

Witch Queen—Weapons and Gear Trailer

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 01, 2022, 10:30 (969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

AAhahh. While It might not look like it in the time stamp, ya ninja'd me! YOU WIN THIS ONE cheapLEY! I was literally just about to post this.

So here is the longer to make written version!

Exotic WEAPONS!

• Seasonal Pass Required* Exotic is "Grand Overture" - "Slug Launcher Charges Full Auto Missles"

In other words we're getting The Wardcliff Coil crammed into a Machine gun. Appears to be also Arc.

- - -

• "Parasite" - "[Hive] Worm Launcher with Increasing Damage"

So this is a silly question on its head but, when Bungie says "Increasing Damage", what do they mean? It's a grenade launcher, so I'm guessing they want a maggot feast?

- - -

• "Osteo Striga" - "Swarming Projectiles trigger a toxic burst"

Really hoping this SMG works much as Thorn does with Necrotic Grip.

- - -

• "Titan Glaive: Edge of Action" - "Place Protective Shield"

Bubbles. It shoots TITAN BUBBLES! Probably (right? RIGHT?!) different then actual Super Titan Bubble, unless this exotic actually USES that super and makes it shootable. Don't know, but hey COOL!

- - -

• "Warlock Glaive: Edge of Intent" - "Deploy Healing Turret"

You must be so pleased cheapLEY! This works right into that healer mage style you recently mentioned you enjoyed so much. Cool!

Key word here is TURRET! As in (it sounds to me), what if we had a Warlock with Boots of the Assembler, but without the Warlock needing to stand in it?

- - -

• "Hunter Glaive: Edge of Concurrence" - "Tracking Chain Lightning"

What if Titan Middle Tree Super Slam Projectile had a baby with Top Tree Warlock Arc? "Tracking Chain Lightning", that's what.

Exotic ARMOR!

• "Titan: Hoarfrost-Z Chest" - "Stasis Wall Replaces Barricade"

The builds that are going to be made with this one. Oh man. :D

- - -

• "Warlock: Osmiomancy Gloves" - "Additional Coldsnap with Enhanced Seeking"

Oooo. The 2nd grenade alone is a big deal! Now folks can really have some wiggle room with Ice Turret! Plus this is the first dedicated Stasis Exotic for Warlocks, so that's a big deal too. Yet, for this Warlock Main, I'm a touch disappointed too. We just got the same thing for Void in with Nothing Manacles, and as far as I know, they're still bugged! Ah well, gotta fill out the basics I guess.

- - -

• "Hunter: Blight Ranger Helmet" - "Reflected Projectiles Deal Increased Damage"

The internet of Destiny Fans is really kicking on this one. What it seems to do is straight on the tin.

First things first, the big secret here is I love Arcstrider. Like, oh my goodness, how is it that this thing still slaps as hard as it did back when I first got hands on in the Beta. So when I saw this, I did indeed *sqee* little. And I basically LIVE on Middle tree, so... again AAAAA ... but. But I really hope there is some secondary benefit to these, like with Stormdancers Brace now on Warlock, which gives back super based on kills. This thing is SO niche, that even in super there is another step.

Right now, this one seems to be the runt of the liter. Hope it survives to prove all wrong.

Titan Bubbles

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, February 01, 2022, 11:06 (969 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I've noticed that in D2, the Well of Radiance seems to be in 99% of cases a flat upgrade over the Ward of Dawn, with all of the strengths and none of the weaknesses. The sole exception would be deflecting a one-hit-kill-omega-blast, but I can't think of any enemies off the top of my head that use those.

It would be cool to see Bungie put in the effort to give bubbles a little more usefulness, where a Well isn't automatically a superior option.

Funny you should mention that

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 14:52 (968 days ago) @ CyberKN

We always run both in our Raid runs because Weapons of Light is better than Radiance.

Funny you should mention that

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 14:57 (968 days ago) @ ZackDark

We always run both in our Raid runs because Weapons of Light is better than Radiance.

I can't say if I know if the damage buff is higher on Ward over Well, but I feel like having to frequently dip in and out of the bubble to refresh my buff might be enough to reduce my overall DPS when I use it, whereas with Well you can just sit in one place until the phase is over.

You can get the buff without blocking your weapon

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 18:09 (968 days ago) @ CyberKN

Might as well do something while you reload too

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread