Has the seasonal story progressed yet? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 06:42 (968 days ago)

I did the seasonal story and was told by Mara basically to just wait while she got the ritual ready. Has anything happened yet? The new expansion is in a few weeks, I just want to make sure I see the conclusion for this season.

Nope

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 02, 2022, 07:17 (968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

People seemed to be thinking it would have been this week at the latest, but nothing new opened up at reset other than daily rotation of the Shattered Realm. Seems like it's gotta be next week for sure to at least give people the 2 weeks to do it. Maybe they are waiting because it's big spoilers for Witch Queen? Still, it's not like there's unlimited possibilities in terms of what's going to happen - Savathun is clearly not actually our close friend (or is she!?).

Still nope

by squidnh3, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 09:45 (962 days ago) @ squidnh3

Hope nobody is on vacation next week!

Still nope

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 09:50 (962 days ago) @ squidnh3

Lame.

Still nope

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 10:05 (962 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

[image]

Still nope

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 10:15 (962 days ago) @ squidnh3

Hope nobody is on vacation next week!

I'm not... but I still don't like this. Feels... sloppy and unfair.

I'm not someone who worries too much about FOMO in this game... but this is one of the times when I feel like they might have pushed this too far. A six-month buildup... and if you can't, for whatever reason, log in during a specific 7-day period, you're out of luck... forever.

Bleh.

Hopefully it's not even shorter than 7-day

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 08, 2022, 14:14 (962 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Finally yep

by squidnh3, Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:52 (955 days ago) @ squidnh3

Sounds like the final mission is available now, although there is apparently some sort of glitch that may result in you missing a cutscene and needing to replay it to get the triumphs. Interested to experience it later tonight.

Finally yep

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:03 (955 days ago) @ squidnh3

Sounds like the final mission is available now, although there is apparently some sort of glitch that may result in you missing a cutscene and needing to replay it to get the triumphs. Interested to experience it later tonight.

Yep.

By a quick glance of chatter, seems that anyone on the fireteam can click a button and end the cutscene for the whole group. I don't know if that's the glitch or not, but it seems all more the reason that if y'all want to go for it, might be best to team up.

Finally yep

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 14:17 (955 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Oh, it forces matchmaking? Really wish they would not do that for story missions.

Wish Granted!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 14:20 (955 days ago) @ Vortech

Oh, it forces matchmaking? Really wish they would not do that for story missions.

...Kinda.

Wish Granted!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 14:27 (955 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Hmm. it's not clear to me if matchmaking is only disabled for this mission when already in progress, or for this mission all the time. If the former, this does not seem to solve the issue you were talking about.

People trying to speed run story missions is the reason I made that wish. Interesting that this seems to be exactly why it is breaking.

Wish Granted!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 19:07 (955 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I just ran it. Made it to the end, watched the cutscene, but the quest did not progress.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread