Weapons and Crafting (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 28, 2022, 12:12 (788 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, February 28, 2022, 12:58

First, the good:

The new weapons are almost universally cool. The new Fusion Rifle just feels incredible. I'm not a huge fan of Fusion Rifles in general, but I've been using this thing since I got it and I love it. The new Omolon Pulse Rifle feels really good, as well. The exotic SMG is fun. I quite like the new Machine Gun, as well. Lots of good stuff in there.

I also love the new Turnabout perk. Get and Overshield when breaking shields with that weapon (I have it on the new Fusion Rifle).

Now for the bad:

Weapon Crafting kinda sucks. The crafting itself seems fine. I'm totally good with it being a grind and really having to invest in a weapon to upgrade it.

The problem is the game literally won't let me do that, because the only way to get crafting materials is to constantly be swapping between random trash and using it enough to fill the bar to extract materials from it. Like what the actual fuck were they thinking here? It's totally killed my desire to engage with the system. I already ignored most bounties that revolved around using specific weapon types, unless they were relevant to my current loadout anyway. Now they've just doubled-down on it.

What happened to letting us play the way we want? They've done a total 180 on that since uttering the phrase, and it's a real bummer. I like my loadout Bungie, what's with everything in this game making it impossible to actually just use the shit I want to use?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread