Transcript from Spartan Ops Season 2 (Recruitment)

by roland ⌂ @, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 11:20 (3811 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Palmer: Urgh, dumb science mans, need saved from space dinos. Why not think at them? Their science not save them now!

Lasky: Palmer, our computers have stopped working, and all the scientists have been kidnapped. What will we do?

Palmer: Shoot until can't shoot no more!

(gunfire from several Spartan IV's)

Lasky: That didn't work

(Palmer smashes it with a boulder)

Palmer: See, I stopped the science!

(Infinity drifts into the Sun)

(Title appears)

SPARTAN OP's

<cut to scientist studying last known transmissions from Infinity>

Scientist 1: Sir, it appears the loss of Infinity was caused by.... and this is... weird, it looks like it was due to a pure hatred of fundamental scientific research, at least, that's what I can gather from the transmission logs and data.

Scientist 2: ... we know. We made them that way. All the Spartans hate science, it's programmed into their genetics.

Scientist 1: What?

Scientist 2: And it's not just science, they hate scientists, scientific research, all laboratories of any kind... and anything to do with higher learning.

Scientist 1: I had... no idea. Why?

Scientist 2: Well, none of them were cut out to be scientists in the first place, I mean, just look at them. They're all meatheads. But occasionally you'd get one or two that thought they were smart enough to "learn" something and would, I dunno, start reading books and questioning the whole genetic manipulation thing we had going on. It just got messy, so we... eliminated any interest they had in it from their DNA.

Scientist 1: *shrug* I see.

Scientist 2: Next batch we'll issue them some reading material... seems maybe we went a little overboard.

<fade to black>

SPARTAN OPS: COMMUNITY COLLEGE EDITION

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread