The Last of Us HBO trailer (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 26, 2022, 19:58 (576 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Because it's not made for the people who have already played it-- it's made for those who never would, and thus would otherwise never experience it.

THIS^

And I fear for THOSE people, it would compare negatively to similar zombie shows and films. Halo did very well with general audiences who were not fans of the game, precisely because they didn't try to just tell the game's story.

The Last of Us has a much better standalone story than Halo. You might be right about it comparing negatively to similar things, because I generally hate zombie stuff and don't watch it. But I'm eager for my non-gamer friends to experience TLoU story on its own merits, outside the game. We can rehash what the gameplay added to the experience. In all honesty, in some parts I think the game succeeds despite its gameplay. I'm hopeful that talent that understands what a different medium can bring to the story elements can make up for whatever is lost by removing interactivity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread