It was a special time. (Gaming)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 09:03 (577 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316), Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 09:54

I thought you were mocking me :P

Nope, I thought we were veterans reminiscing.

Because the IP was absolutely whored out to everything.

Exactly. Halo 3 was everywhere. I was a freshman in high school at the time, it was all anyone talked about. Absolutely insane hype. We had H3 Mtn Dew in our vending machines, walk to 7-11 and get a H3 Slurpee cup. Turn on the news and Time Square is Halo 3 Land. Go to Burger King get a Halo 3 meal. A global phenomenon.

I honestly get hyped just remembering this shit. Literally brings a tear to my eye, I'm man enough to admit.

Even though I ended up being disappointed by the game! LOL

We were a little young for the midnight launch, but the moment we got home from school, my brother, two friends, and I rushed to our 360s and we Finished the Fight in one sitting. Homework be damned.

Man I'm honestly really bummed now thinking about the current state of Halo, the series that defined my childhood. Forged lifelong friendships. I've never experienced anything like it. So if I ever go off on 343, or get defensive of the Bungie games, or whatever else, then that's why. Cause it's all gone.

I'm gonna go have another drink. Peace to you and your clan.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread