Favorite piece of Destiny music? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 03, 2022, 10:43 (573 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Kermit, Monday, October 03, 2022, 11:06

I'm in complete agreement with INSANE and his choices here. A special mention for Last Array, which is so epic it competes with the best from Halo's soundtracks. kidtsunami is right--Deep Stone Lullaby probably is the GOAT, but I do have special fondness for Journey. That mournful piece helped me get over my fear that Destiny's music would go down the tubes without Marty. One thing about all three--my experience of them is inseparable from my experience of them within the game, where they were used PERFECTLY.

Music of the Spheres taken as a whole is amazing. One piece that I don't think anyone mentioned is Eighth, the first piece of Destiny Music released and inexplicably missing from the soundtrack. Absolutely lovely. It evoked all my hopes for the game before it was released. It became my wake-up alarm until the day that Marty got fired. Had to stop listening to it for a while after that. It no longer put me in a good state of mind to start the day.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread