End of year games discussion (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 07:31 (485 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Straight up the best turtles game ever. The graphics, sound, and animation are absolutely killer. Pervious Turtles games were not that complex in terms of the combat, but this one really added a ton of depth, and while it's not on the level of Streets of Rage 4, it's miles better than previous turtles beat em ups. You are best served playing either alone, or with people you know. For whatever reason taunting charges your super completely, so online play with strangers is just a never ending stream of taunt->super. Impose upon yourself to not do this, and the game is a blast.

Excavation of Hob's Barrow

Cool point and click that is heavy on the atmosphere and light on the puzzles. You'll get through it pretty quickly, but honestly it's nice that we are moving away from puzzles as a means to keep you playing. The game is unafraid to essentially be mostly just a story.

We are OFK

Speaking of just stories, We are OFK is essentially a TV show you mildly interact with, about a group of Gen Z living in LA struggling to pay their rent, make their band, and find themselves. In 5 episodes, the first four focus on one of the band members, then the fifth brings it all together. It's going to be a taste thing… I'm sure some people just have no interest in dramatizing the anxiety of young people now, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Yet to be determined:

Crisis Core Remastered
Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread