Finality: The 10th Anniversary Retrospective Video! (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 10:38 (485 days ago)

One long October day, I somehow accomplished the impossible. I beat Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed—ALL of it—without any deaths, or losing a single ring. A massive undertaking in what is—to this day—Sonic's biggest level ever made. And as a celebration of that accomplishment and all the amazing journeys had along the way, I removed the music that repeats in the stage and replaced it with music from the best final stages of all time to provoke senses of nostalgia and excitement. With it, I ended up making 6 versions:three unique entries each with their own soundtrack, and quieter, more even editions to help combat the loudness of such a monumental feat.

A full ten years has passed since I ended up recording my most important Sonic project ever.

This weekend, I will be releasing two final entries for this project saga. A favorites edition, where the versions are mixed together for what I consider the cream of the crop out of the versions previously made, and a special Retrospective Edition, which is the full run with no music at all, and commentary from yours truly about the origins, music choice and challenges that came with making such a movie.

I hope that you guys at DBO(i.e. Cody) can join me for the premiere that's coming up on Friday. I worked super hard on this project back then, and I still feel all the love I do for it now! Catch you online.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread