Solid first impressions. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 10:05 (499 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Why is every character in the Destiny universe an idiot?

Fix'd. lol.

...but really though...

Story seems kinda dumb. Why is every character in the Destiny universe an idiot? We should definitely bring Clovis Bray to the HELM and give him access to Warmind as he’s literally monologuing about finally being back in control. Nezerac’s darkness body goo and the Crown of Sorrow are also there, I’m sure it’ll all just be totally fine.

My favorite joke about this comes from, of all places, a kid show, where after a number of convolutedly complex plans fail to achieve the simple result seeked, one character gives the most simple and obvious answer that would solve the entire problem which was the crux of the episode. To which the schemer of these convolutedly complex plans replies "What, and ruin the plot?"

I agree that for the moment, this story seems... bare minimum, which is surprising to me as this is the lead up to the NEXT BIG THING tm in the Destiny Universe. This post on reddit also brings an interesting note, in that every story this year has had some sort of "father" issues. Anastasia Bray and Clovis Bray I, Eido and Mithrax, Empress Caiatl and Calus, and finally for the beginning of this year with Season of the Risen, we get some slight differentiation with Uldren Sov "The Crow" going through his deal about his past self.

For now I think things will just coast, until inevitably the arrogance of Clovis Bray I does something that makes another problem and instead of Vex we get something spooky spooky darkness that requires us to go to Neptune. Yeah? Something like that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread