Strand Developer Insights video. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 12:19 (427 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Neat watch, even if I don't feel that they gave a single reason why you would want to use Strand over any other Subclass.

Weren't you always the champion of playing in sub optimal or experimental ways because it might be… fun? :-p

Indeed I am. I’m not saying I want strand to be “more powerful” or “optimal”. I want it to do something new. Recoloring existing abilities is not my idea of “experimentation”. Warframe lets me do that for free.

See, Stasis was a huge change from what we had pre Subclass 3.0.
Stasis didn’t out-DPS the existing classes, it focused on shifting the battlefield. Hunters and Warlocks could sacrifice signature grenades in favor of ice walls, giving them something similar to a Titan Barrier, but with different utility.
Warlocks could use coldsnap grenades to chain their momentum against enemies in ways no ability could before. So on and so forth.

What is Strand if not Subclass 2.0 persevering? What does it bring to the table that you’d say “yes, this is an interesting tool that makes me rethink my approach to combat in Destiny”.

I want there to be something, and as of yet, it’s all just a poor man’s hodgepodge of absolutely everything we’ve seen done better across all 3.0 subclasses.

If Strand was the Destiny equivalent of Borderlands’ Slag damage, or Genshin’s Dendro, where synergy with other classes was its strength, then baby, you’d have a stew going.
I wouldn’t care if it did 10% the damage of the other classes on its own, I’d be the designated Strand guy in all encounters.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread