Bringing Cayde back is cheap and bad, IMO. :( (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 16:48 (331 days ago) @ CyberKN

When everyone comes back, death is meaningless. Do it just a couple of times, and sacrifices are poop.
I'm aware Amanda died a poorly written death... But does it mean anything to anyone? Apparently not, because the immediate fanfic-tier buzz on the tubes was "will she come back a Guardian!?" "Will Crow be her new mentor!?" Absolutely none of what I saw touched on the value of sacrifice, or the impact that a character's absence will have.

And now, Despite being dead longer than he was ever in the Franchise, Cayde is back Uncle Iroh style to guide us through the Spirit World.
The Final Shape will likely take place inside the Traveler, and no doubt Cayde will be our radio-drama lead throughout it... So- I guess there was no finality to the one death that Bungie worked hard to establish the finality of.
And coming off the heels of a real-world death that has placed a very definitive timer on one of the living characters, too.

What a weird feeling. But hey, at least Nathan Fillion is back! That's kind of neat. Kind of funny, since the Playsation showcase had a blink-and-miss appearance from our former Ikora, Gina Torres, in the Immortals of Aveum game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread